Arrow cans?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Mr M, Oct 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mr M

Mr M New Member

Oct 5, 2013
    County Durham
    Like the look of the arrow lowboy but reading a few comments on here there seems to be a difference of opinion, looking for a triple over winter so whats the pro,s and cons?

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Forum member Screwball and Mr H should be able to help better then me but lots of weight saving going to a lowboy, great noise, better looking back of the bike?? I hear it can increase fuel consumption and the ECU will need re-mapping. Also the Arrow lowboy is bloody expensive:rolleyes:

3. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Hi Mr.M,the Arrow Lowboy is a v nice pipe but as Richard H says its bloody expensive - that said its your money? I went for a Scorpion Serket taper as it runs the standard map and when you put the pillion pegs on they are out of the way of the outlet. it looked good and sounded good IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I reckon there are loads of better and cheaper options than the Triumph lowboy, unless it's been given to you or has come on the bike when purchased.
    With the low boy you do get new front headers less the CAT! T3 racing will remove the CAT for approx £150 so loads cheaper than a low boy..
    I have the GPR as it shows off the rear wheel and not many people have it... Mr H has the skorpion..very nice as well..
    I also have a full custom map on mine £200 from T3 racing.. Feels great...
    Brybrem has had the lowboy on both of his Speeds and I'm sure he is more than happy..

So personal taste and cost are the main factors.
    If you can afford it and like it then buy it and sod everyone else.. If you like it and it's free even better....

• Like Like x 2
  5. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Screwball is right - fcuk everyone else and go with what you want - I did - he did and guess what? we are happy boys! Then saying that I did buy a Blade! :upyeah:
    View attachment 1976

• Like Like x 1
  6. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    And before anyone mentions the chicken strips - this was 5 miles old! Yes i know I'm getting slow in my old age! :eek:

7. m4ppy

m4ppy Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I'm looking for a twin set of arrows, as others have said its personal choice. I bought the scorpion and took it back off again. Nothing wrong with the can just didn't like it, I had a an arrow lowboy on my last street and it was a great can but I do love the look of twins.

Each to their own, buy what you like and enjoy its only money.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mr M

Mr M New Member

Oct 5, 2013
    County Durham
    Always liked the look of a single can to be honest, liking the scorpion tho :upyeah:

9. Scouser

Scouser Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Wirral UK
    I Agree with Mr h I fitted a Scorpion Serket on Sunday looks great sounds great and I can see no issue so far with running. Paid £299 for it from Ghostbikes and an Arrosw is £1000 no brainer !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    My GPR
    IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013