Are Tors Exhausts Really Much Different From Standard ?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by cat10, Apr 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cat10

cat10 New Member

Mar 30, 2018
    oxford
    Hi folks, would really love to have a bit more of the old classic sound from my Bonnie. Not sure which way to go though.

Are Triumphs TORS much better than the standard exhausts from a sound point of view.?

Regards

Phil

2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I think so much deeper sound and far better when I fitted them to my America and then also a set to a Tbird,
    Sounded like a bike should, even more so when I removed the cat from my Tbird what a sound oooohhh

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Yes is the simple answer. They have a much deeper growl than stock but are not that much louder on tick-over or at low revs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Yes.
    The TORs fitted to mine are straight through, so are a little noisier but sound much better.

5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    And it is not just the sound. You can release appreciably more mid range torque with a less restrictive exhaust. Check out the TTP options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KC1961

KC1961 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    West Lothian
    I had an SE a few years ago with TORS fitted, I thought it sounded lovely. I now have a T100 and the TORS that I bought for it were so quiet until the revs got to around 4000rpm, very disappointing.

7. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    There are better pipes out there, like the Norman Hyde pea shooter. Also the NH pipes don't have a "not for road use" stamp that often offends MOT testers.

8. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    I have the Norman Hyde pipes on my SE lovely sound runnng with the baffles installed they were very loud without the short baffle just takes the crack off it like and as Patchinko said above no not for road use stamp on them

I have these on my SE currently they aint cheap but think theyre worth it

https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-triumph/bonneville-se-2009-onwards/2009-classic-silencer-pair.html

Not sure what model you have but theres other options like these

https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-t...09-onwards/2009-peashooter-silencer-pair.html