Are these TOR Exhausts ???

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by MrOrange, Nov 21, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

#1 MrOrange, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

Just bought them on Ebay, listed as standard Speedmaster cans, but looking at them and the standard exhausts, these are shorter and every image I can find of TOR's are identical to these !!!!

Happy either way, just don't like the standard America cans, noise or shape on my MY2013.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you Like em and they work, what's it matter??

3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Don't know if they work !!! Just won them this morning, and even when deliverd, not going to get to ride. Gritter was out in D&G last night :mad::(:(:(

Just wondered if anyone could shed light on which one's they were. Supposed to be off a 2010 Speedmaster, and according to a 2010 Triumph Brochure they are the optional Hi-flow exhausts, is this the same as a TOR ????

If they are Hi-flow or TOR, would I be best to take the bike along to my local Triumph Stealer for a different fuel map? Do they usually charge for this ?

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I got them for £122 (inc del) from Ebay site for Triumphworld, Chesterfield. No dents, just a few marks from use. Thanks for the info, been dispatched today, so hopefully here start of the week.

I am hoping they are TOR's / Hi-flow (Is there a difference?) wrongly advertised as standard cans, but will wait and see. Fingers crossed. Until last week didn't even know what you guys were all talking about TOR exhausts, I google them thinking they were a brand !!!! LoL

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    When you get them,if you find they are std. pipes it's quite straightforward to open them up a bit for more glorious sound - if that's what you're after?

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

That was also my idea. No way you can open up the std America pipes, the taper makes it impossible, but these wouldn't be that difficult to pull a baffle, if needed.

I love the noise of a V-Twin, missed my SV noise when I went onto an IL4 with the gixxer. Had a tiny short can on it for a while but went back to the std can, couldn't be arsed listening to the high pitched howl of the IL4.

Give me an off-beat thump-thump any day. Once I get the America sounding like a cruiser, I'll be a happy boy. It's the one little thing that lets the Speedmaster / America's down is the noise in standard form. But SV with standard can sound crap too.

UNLEASH THE BURBLE !!!:D

7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

In reply to my own question - Yes, they are. How am I supposed to ride anywhere without going on the road????

They sound sooooooooooooo much better than standard tapered pipes and sound lovely. Nice loud, with a bit of burble. Few pops and bangs as you close the throttle.

Doesn't seem to pick up as quick from a closed throttle ! Is that my imagination? Or does the TOR remap help with this?

[​IMG]

8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think you could argue, with the state of a lot of roads today, that you are for the majority of the time!

• Like Like x 2