Apologies For My Absence.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by learningtofly, Mar 3, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #81 learningtofly, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Thanks all.

To be honest, the patio is tight and I remember doing exactly the same thing with my R9T; the difference, though, is that I could lift that. Anyway, I'm not going to be defeatist over it, despite a few bikers on another forum telling me "it's time to move it on"! No, I'm going to up my exercising, ride as much as I can so I don't allow myself to become intimidated by the weight of the bike, and review the situation in a week or so. My plan is still to go on my trip.

I expect it’s going to hurt for a while, though :worried:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, dang, @learningtofly. :( I just saw your post about dropping your bike...on your leg. I'm glad that the outcome wasn't worse than it was but I'm really sorry about the whole thing, especially hurting your leg. But I admire your "can do" attitude! :) :heart: And @Dawsy's right. It happens to us all. (He's right about the brews, too!) And if a bike is going over--700 pounds or 500 pounds--it's going over. And it will still hurt any body part it lands on. Please keep us posted about both your leg and your trip. Glad the bike wasn't damaged, BTW.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #83 learningtofly, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Thanks, Sandi, and yes - I'm determined to win this one as I really do want to keep my bike.

I guess it's a case of no pain, no gain! On the subject of which, it feels a little easier this morning; I was actually worried that there might be a hairline fracture somewhere but I think I can stop worrying about that now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #84 learningtofly, Apr 6, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
    Well, I've been engaging with the Head of Sales for the joint Triumph/Harley dealership and have made a decision. This has been driven by:
    1. Availability of the T120 Black - there's nothing anywhere near me on the used market and Triumph North London are getting an allocation of 1 in May and then nothing until well into the summer.
    2. I've been done a real favour on the cost of change, as I was promised. It was probably fortuitous that I'm dealing with someone who was himself hospitalised for 5 months not that long ago, so the empathy was strong.
    3. My own treatment isn't going nearly as well as hoped, so it looks like my recovery (and hence an increase in my general strength) is some months away.
    Long story short, the cost to me was at the figure that I knew I couldn't turn down, so this will be mine in May. I'm sure i've made the right decision, although it's more than a little bitter-sweet if I'm honest.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 2
  5. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Great decision!!!;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    As long as you are able to enjoy riding I am sure you will be happy! Congratulations on a lovely new bike :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes it is a bugger when health gets in the way of our riding enjoyment. I had to let my 1050 tiger sport go for a smaller lighter bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    #88 RevPaul, Apr 6, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    I know it won't be the same as your Harley, but from my very positive experience last month, of a 2022 T120 Black loan bike, sure you'll love it:heart_eyes:. It's a very easy comfortable bike to ride. For me 6' 2" tall, I found the bars a tad narrow and a tad too close, but that's all.

Here's a to a happy new bike day:cool: and you’re still in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery and being able to enjoy those trips you've got booked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Congratulations on your new bike, @learningtofly. It is really cool :cool: and I'm sure you will love it. :heart_eyes: I know this has been a hard decision for you but from your post it seems as though this change is meant to be, even down to the empathy of your salesman. That said, I know you have loved that Harley and how it makes you feel. But nothing in life is ever set in stone. Who knows what the future may hold...perhaps even another Harley? :kissing_heart:

I am sorry to read that your recovery isn't going as well as hoped and will continue my praying for your recovery and sending healing wishes across the pond. I'm glad that beautiful T120 will breath life into your riding days and provide some moto-therapy. And I hope that your planned travels work out! Thanks for continuing to keep us posted. All the best! :heart:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Hiya apologies I’ve only just seen this thread.
    What a rollercoaster of a journey you are having. Fortunately I seem to have caught it at the more positive end of things.
    So happy your health is improving and you have a new toy on the horizon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks very much, Markus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Exactly, and thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    It's a tough decision, isn't it. I suspect the the feelings of remorse quickly dissipate as New Bike Day approaches, though (I hope so, anyway).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thank you very much indeed, Paul, on all counts. The first trip will be touch and go in terms of my symptoms being more under control and having the new bike, but here's hoping.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #95 learningtofly, Apr 7, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    Ah, Sandi... how is it that you always manage to say just the right thing, in just the right way. Thank you :heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Much appreciated, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes getting the new bike has certainly put a smile on my face. I will miss the 1050, but the reality is the 660 is smaller, and lighter and more importantly more manageable. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Well, apparently the eagle will be landing between 27/4 and 5/5. Very exciting :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RevPaul

RevPaul Senior Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Cheshire, UK
    That's brilliant! It'll be in time for the DGR. You'll definitely be looking your best:cool:!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks, Paul. Yes, that was always my target, so fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1