Anyone With Spare Pennies Please Help Charlie

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Oct 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    JTC
    I sure will. You know he called me a big Softie as i got worried about him in such a run.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Done! Bloody hell Joe your son must be fit!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tricky Dicky.
    Yes he is quite handy and looks after himself. He was the one into all the boxing and cage fighting. Another sport I objected to. But he was happy and I don't stick my nose in. And thankyou so very much. I do show him the mails so he knows we are all with him.
    Joe

• Like Like x 4
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I just have to ask who donated the enormous amount today. We know it came from the forum but it was kept anonymous But really it was way to much even I did only around half of that. I should give you back at least half as you have now made me feel guilty. But I don't suppose you will tell so I am truly bowled over by how kind you are.
    Joe God Bless You And Yours.

• Like Like x 4
  5. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is accept a gift -I speak from personal experience. Just look at it like a gift is a gift and don't even think about the amount.

(It wasn't me.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Small donation made Joe.

Good luck and well done to your Son for taking on this challenge and best wishes to Charlie.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    JtC
    Yes I do and young Charlie will be closer to his goal. I was just taken aback. I say thankyou to someone terrific and wish them all the nice things that can be had. And my Boy was elated and rushed 50 miles to tell me and to send his thanks.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 4
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gary P.
    I am so very greatful to you and your generosity as i am to you all you fantastic people.
    God Bless you all
    Joe.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Understandable. There are some big-hearted people out there and I can tell yours is one of the biggest. [clears throat] Did you see that Bears game? LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    JtC
    Thanks mate. No I am not all that great. You people are. No I did not see the bears game is that football. And now i got the lump in my throat.
    Joe.

11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Trying to download this clip of my Son. Yes he made me cry little sod I love him. This is for all you that helped and the kindness you have shown.
    Joe

• Love You Love You x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Tell him we love him Joe and we love what he’s doing :heart:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Just found this thread Joe. Hope the run went well. Donation made.

• Like Like x 2
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf
    I just accepted how much a big softie I am as I sat here crying my eyes out. For Charlie I pray there is a divine father out there and he reads all your posts and sees how you all reached out to help a young lad. God Bless you all. I do love you all for being the people you are.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dawsy
    Always thought I was a hard nut. Found out since this post I am a big pussy. I love you all for the kind hearted people you are. And if Charlie reads some of these posts its got to lift his spirit. God bless you all. You are the best.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 3
  16. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Yeah we are all hard nuts when people are watching. But we are also human (most of us :D).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    He's a top lad Joe and a credit to you, No shame in being tearful Joe we would all well up in a similar situation, so glad you came back and posted mate take care

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @joe mc donald
    Joe, thank you for sharing this video of of your son. I'm not surprised to hear his kind words. You and your son are clearly an example of the saying, "like father, like son" and in the case of the two of you, you are like each other in wonderful ways--being kind and giving to name just two. Though your son doesn't know me, please tell him I'm proud of him and what a great thing he is doing for Charlie. :kissing_heart: :heart:

P.S. It's terrific to see you back on the forum, my friend. :) Even if just to share this video and update this thread about Charlie.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dilligaf.
    The boy said thanks and appreciates all the support and wishes he has gained from the forum. And again the money came flooding in yesterday. You people are so fantastic. So much so he was contacted by the family via his page and they said how overwhelmed they are at such kindness and have sent regards and love to all on here.
    Joe

• Like Like x 4
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dawsy
    Thanks the run is this Saturday and I will leave a night shift and try to some pace making for him. Hoping to get some on camera to show you fantastic people. The family contacted him to also say thanks.
    Joe

• Like Like x 5