675 Anyone Used Lust Racing Lowered Rear Suspension Kits?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by bobw, Aug 19, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    #1 bobw, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Having recently bought a 2015 STR 675 R I am finding paddling about on tip toes just a bit frustrating certainly on uneven or steeply cambered car parks etc.I have looked at getting seat altered but it doesn't seem to have much leeway to alter padding..So the alternative is lowering rear suspension and the only kits I can find are by Lustracing.Has anyone used them with any success to lower rear suspension.Which is probably cheaper and easier than changing rear spring.

2. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    i had same problem so put one on my Speed triple and it was fine, just need to drop the forks as well to re balance the bike. I was slightly worried that it may detract from the handling but having just taken it off i cant notice any difference TBH.
    Give it a go as this way you maintain the standard seat comfort

3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Used them on my Speed and Tiger. worked well, just need to drop the forks to match :)

4. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Cheers guys they do seem pricey but there doesn't seem to be any other choice.

5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    My Speed Triple has a Lust Racing lower thing on the shock, came with the bike. I am 6' and it is like riding a pit bike!
    I don't like it, I don't want it
    Having to buy a new rear shock

If it is the same size/will fit your bike you are welcome to it, in exchange for some beer tokens

My replacement shock should be arriving this week so it will be available by end of the month

• Like Like x 1
  6. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Hi Thanks anyway I have looked at the Triumph parts list on worldoftriumph and the original parts are not the same numbers depending on what year your Speed Triple is, only one model has similar triangular brackets.If you are buying a new shock surely you will still need original plates?

7. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    My bike is the 2010 Speed Triple
    My shock has a lowering brace plate which the spring rests on
    I think it is the 2011 year onwards that are lowered by changing the triangular plates

Sorry I couldn't help but seems mine uses the older method

8. Davy

Davy New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Peterborough
    I have just taken off a set of Lust Racing lowering plates off my 2014 STR as I am selling the bike. Not got round to advertising the parts I have taken off yet.. Lowered my bike 25mm and I dropped the forks about 20mm. I have short legs and it inspired confidence when stopping.

9. bobw

bobw Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Southampton,UK
    Let me know when you want to sell them.Save me buying a full priced set.

10. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    got one on my track R6 ,make sure you get suspension adjusted to suit afterwards ,been a few people saying they've upset the handling but have never bothered to get suspension altered

11. Zippybiddell

Zippybiddell New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Northampton

12. Zippybiddell

Zippybiddell New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Northampton
    Hello mate was the stock side stand ok , I had heard you’d need to change it thanks

13. Davy

Davy New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Peterborough
    I lowered mine when I had the Lust Racing lowering kit on. I cut the end off, cut about 25mm out and threaded a 10mm stud into both parts, locked it off with a nut.

IMG_3842.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    i didn't bother as it was fine but i like days solution!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zippybiddell

Zippybiddell New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Northampton
    Nice job thanks for replying