Anyone Tuning In To Hairy Bikers Route 66?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SleepyOwl, Sep 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    American unhealthy food, motorbikes and iconic highway.
    Whats not to like....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    On what channel?

3. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall

BBC2 - 1st episode just started

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks,,,

Edit: just started it in iPlayer

5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s on now :)

Erm.....it’s shite :poop:
    I’m gonna have a shower ready for an early start in the morning to the Spat Out Of Hull Rally :grinning:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Shite bikes and shite food.
    Ken.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Shite road! :D
    As Billy Connolly put it, “There’s a tackiness about Route 66 that out-tacks any tackiness I ever saw anywhere.”

• Like Like x 5
  8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Infantile presenters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Must agree, but, I would still like to ride it.
    Ken.

10. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Well I enjoyed it - the friendship between the two is great. Interesting about the Amish society - imagine a life with no electricity, phones, forums - blimey it's the dark ages. Though I did note when they said that their children still go out and play together rather than sit staring at technology, something in that...

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Only watched first 10 mins. Not really into cooking programmes, should have know when it was those two...

12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    It’s a cooking based travelogue with bikes as a back drop and not attempting to be anything else. My blood boils more at morons yapping about chlorinated chicken while wiping down their kitchens with Milton and buying pre-packed ‘washed’ salads.........
    I have yet to hear anyone holiday in the States and complain about the food.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Remember about 3 years ago an Amish chap had been hunting with his muzzle loading rifle and when finished, the only way to unload a muzzle loader is to fire it, which he did...up in the air at an angle...the ball/bullet travelled A couple miles and killed a girl.
    Ken.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    Since we don't have to wonder any more that more and more young girls in the US with 18 years can not cook properly. What a degenerate bunch of incapacitated people! Surely they will not get very old under these circumstances. The indigenous population of Okinawa is the exact opposite, many are over 100 years old because they don't eat this American manure. They have their own vegetable gardens where they grow everything they need, without the use of chemistry.

As far as Route 66 is concerned, it is neither romantic nor interesting in any way. There are much more interesting routes, such as Route 61, also called the "Blues Highway", which runs along the Mississippi, among other things. With a total distance of over 1400 miles, there are plenty of opportunities for various adventures and encounters. :cool:

15. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'll watch it once they get over near the west as thats where the good roads start:cool: the whole route is about 2450 miles, i did a fair bit bit of it over the west (Arizona/California) as part of a tour and thats where it starts to get interesting and some great biking roads

16. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The point you seem to have missed is that one of the Brexit bogeys about a US trade deal has been the use of chlorine to wash chicken. The same method is used in pre-packed salads across the EU....

Your generalisation about degeneracy/incapacity is pretty offensive and laughably wrong andd could as readily thrown at plenty of European cities’ poorer quarters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    You should ask better of where this crap and the associated conservation methods come from, certainly not from Europe! We have already had enough protest against the effects of globalization and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), from this it is easy to deduce the sociological disadvantages in the US population. No nation in the world has become as degenerate as the younger generation of Americans in particular. On this point, I am pleased with the EU's regulations, which will ensure that we are not poisoned as much. Whether you interpret this as an offence or not does not matter here, the facts speak for themselves. :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  18. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Wonder if the hairy bikers know they caused such a debate..:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    Probably not, they are now sitting by the campfire and drinking a bottle of bourbon whiskey together. :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. NightRider

NightRider Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Europe
    Look around the world and draw your own conclusions, there are enough sources to confirm that. If something is so obvious, then you don't have to prove it. I am neither the only nor the first one who have noted this. : unamused: