Touring Anyone Toured Norway?

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Oct 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    not sure, although i think it might be even more expensive as the the total length would be longer than a van

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Could be, although being lower than a van might make a difference. I guess it depends on how the ferry company put's it's prices together.

3. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    looks good and they also do the same trip as a self guided tour which i would prefer, but i coudn't believe it is only £200 cheaper than their guided tour:eek::confused: the route they are doing is very similar to the one i was planning, although i never thought about riding to the north of Denmark and getting the ferry over to Kristiansand i'll have to look into that

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    Dougie this fella went to Norway two years ago and put up 19 episodes of his adventure on You Tube. Maybe something for you to watch for some ideas. North of the Arctic Circle looks amazing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    that will keep me occupied while the mrs is watching all her soaps;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'd love to go as far north as that but i think that will have to wait until I'm able to get more time off! as it is i think my initial thoughts of 2 weeks might not be long enough..i might manage 18 days though:rolleyes:

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    watched all the episodes!:eek: shame they had rain for the first few days, but i was amazed to see once they got further north before the Arctic circle and beyond that the sun came out and it looked lovely apparently they get very little rain up there,the Lofoton islands way up north looked great..watching the wildbad boys USA trip now:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reggie

Reggie Senior Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Penicuik
    You'll enjoy that too Dougie...... and his older stuff is worth the watching also.

I think I would have given up after all that rain at the start but fair play to them, and as you said, the further up they went the better it became strangely :no_mouth: The midnight sun run was unreal.

10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yeah they looked well pi**ed off with the rain,..would have been so much better if it was dry though and they were able to enjoy the roads and scenery,
    Hats off to Richy for taking the vids with all the cameras he has, it must take him ages,although i noticed he has his laptop with him and downloads all the footage every night..it still must be a long job editing them when he gets home:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    just been watching the videos. I was so surprised to see that much snow and low temperatures in July. Scenery looks just amazing. We'll need good thermals for this trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    The first time I went in 1995 to the FIM rally at Malselv between Tromso and Narvic then the Newcastle to Bergen ferry was a good overnight trip of 27 hours.
    Did Nordcap and returned down through the edge of Finland to the top of the Baltic then down the Swedish coast, a day at Skansen museum in Stockholm then ferry Rodbyhaven to Puttgarden to Germany and back through Dunkirk to Dover. A brilliant fortnight and I have been back to Scandinavia four or five times although Harwich to the Hook is a bit of a pain as there are a lot of miles before you get to Denmark but definitely worth it. Just keep riding and you mustn't drink alcohol the fines are wallet blowing so i'm told.

13. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I have been to Norway four times from 1995 to this year. First time was Newcastle to Bergen pity the EU pollution reg's stopped it, now I go Harwich to the Hook on the 9 am crossing witch means I can almost get to Denmark the same day. Crossing to Sweden can be by the Puttgarden to Rodbyhaven ferry Germany to Denmark,and then Oresund toll tunnel/bridge ( everyone should try this for the views) Or if you want to see more of Denmark carry on up the E45 from Hamburg and turn right at Kolding to Copenhagen then a choice of either crossing to Malmo or Helsingborg then north and bear left for Norway.
    The main roads have improved a lot since 95 but you can still find plenty of gravel surfaced minor ones, fuel stations are as on the sat/nav and a lot are unmanned at weekend and take credit cards. Most things are more expensive than here some a lot more, spares and alcohol for example.
    I have not found anyone who didn't understand English and all are friendly and helpful so go for it with a large credit card reserve!

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    it will be 2019 before i go to Norway,so i'll wait until start of next year before booking anything,but youv'e given me a few ideas:)

15. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    • Like Like x 1
  17. HenryII

HenryII Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    South Norway
    Just let me know if you need any help with your trip to my country.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    cheers i'll have a look at it later:)

20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You might need to do some fast forwarding, the 1st one is just getting from ireland to Holland