Anyone fitted the Norman Hyde RBS565's on their SE?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Eric_H, Feb 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tumpbro

tumpbro Member

Sep 13, 2014
    pontypridd
    They couldn't access the computer as it was showing a fault as the AI system was removed. I took the bike home and replaced said system. They could then remap with the togas ie enrich the mixture. There was a noticeable difference in power and response. Less mpg which did catch me out, but the sound is so much better. Why they didn't fit as standard I don't know ?
    Sorry don't know which map, assume toga setting.

2. Eric_H

Eric_H Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Blackburn, Lancashire
    Thanks for the reply trumpbro.

It will probably be the latest TORS map. Don't understand why a Triumph dealer wouldn't be able to clear the fault code. I had the same fault code when I disabled SAI on the map but using ECUTune I could clear the fault.

I've still got all the SAI gubbins on and I'm wondering if even though I've switched it off in the map the ECU is still sensing the seonoid and trying to adjust to compensate but it's more likely to be the lambda sensors causing the inconsistent idle and low throttle hesitation. And the only way to resolve this will be to remove the sensors and map lambda out.