675 Anyone fitted a lowering kit?

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by billcbr6, Aug 12, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. billcbr6

billcbr6 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Tyne&Wear
    Considering if it's worth it or not I'm only 5'6" with 28" inside leg I'm OK on flat surfaces but dodgy on off camber. I have messaged both Lust racing & mfw in Germany but no answers forthcoming I've tried to find out if you need to removed the exhaust on s 12 plate STr to fit the lowering kit plates, not impressed by customer service from either.

2. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    I had the Lust Racing fitted to my Speed Triple. Done the job for me (5'8/29"). can recommend them although you will need to lower the forks in the clamp a tad to level the bike.

3. saxman

saxman New Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Old Leake
  4. billcbr6

billcbr6 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Tyne&Wear
    Thanks for comments guys I am aware thevforks may need dropping half ton, littleadeII'm not a peg scraper if my legs scrap Ive Fell off lol. Saxman never seen these ones will investigate tho'
    Its good to get some feedback and comments thanks

• Like Like x 2
  5. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi have you thought about having your seat reduced a bit first,it could save you a lot of messing. Especially at the edges where your thigh touches

I had to alter the seat on my sprint and I am now much more confident when stopping .

Mark

6. billcbr6

billcbr6 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Tyne&Wear
    Yes mark I did but I find the seat comfortable (I have one from a non R fitted as its more comfortable the R seat is rock hard) so don't want to compromise comfort

7. billcbr6

billcbr6 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Tyne&Wear
    Another question but relevant to this thread, has the suspension changed from 2009 model STR to 2012 model? The reason for asking is Ive found these >>>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MFW-Motor...riple-675-R-/261635924698?hash=item3ceab762da which fit 2009 model. M&P are saying they don't supply a kit for 2012 but if you look at genuine Triumph parts list it seems to be same rear suspension parts for all STR's up to 2012 before the new model came out. I could go Lust racing but found their customer service crap they don't reply to e mail questions about their products. Could go with these ones >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MFW-Motor...riple-675-R-/261635924698?hash=item3ceab762da but never heard of this company

8. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    bill- had no probs with Lust so may just be the tim of year. These are what my dealer would have ordered anyway so just did it myself. Also, the bike may be a little more vertical when on the stand so be aware of this as well. you can buy a adjustable stand (i think soupys do them) but i didn't bother with that-just be careful!

• Like Like x 1
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Maybe a bit less technical but have you tried a pair of these?
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. billcbr6

billcbr6 New Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Tyne&Wear
    Cheers for comments snarly I E mailed them numerous times all I wanted to know was do i have to move exhaust to fit they neve replied not good customer service whenI wanted to buy and made it known I was a ggenuine buyer
    Crispey only wear these behind closed doors lol

11. Ell1990

Ell1990 New Member

Apr 10, 2016
    London

I did my 61 plate R last night with the Lust racing links with the help of my Dad. It appears at first the exhaust must come off but it's really not necessary. We used an Abba stand and occasionally had one of us give the rear wheel a lift to position everything correctly.

Are you having a problem getting your foot to the side stand??

12. sox22

sox22 Member

May 31, 2016
    Hertforshire
    Do you have any problem putting up the center stand once you have lowered the back. If you do what have you down to help kick it up as its hard enough at normal level?

13. snarly

snarly Active Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Essex
    sox-what littleade said-its not a problem with a side stand - when the bike is vertical it kicks down and back up as normal even in high heeled glitter boots :D its just the bike will stand a little more vertical once you have deployed it. Mines been done 3yrs and its not been an issue but just check for yours once you've done it! if you need an option, soups adjustable stand or try and second hand stand with a bit of modification etc. good luck

14. Davy

Davy New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Peterborough
    My Street Triple is lowered and I am always worried about it falling over so I modified my side stand today. Its made of solid aluminium and can be drilled and tapped ok.

IMG_3842.JPG

15. sox22

sox22 Member

May 31, 2016
    Hertforshire
    That ebay site , is there one for sprints as I can't see it, maybe i'll message them

16. sox22

sox22 Member

May 31, 2016
    Hertforshire
    merry xmas anyways

17. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    #17 t552, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    If you only want to drop it say 15mm this can be done just by loosening then re tightening all the suspension bolts. they are built with the bike suspended so all you do is take up the tolerances in the opposite direction. Then drop the forks through about 5-10mm you should be able to do this without problems with the side stand. 15mm can make a big difference to some folks.

18. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    My 2006 Tiger was feeling a little too tall for my liking so I dropped front forks through the clamps 10mm and it made all the difference. Only took 30 mins to do and cost NOTHING !!

I have no issues with the bike at all now.