Anybody Heard Of Joe Mc Donald?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vulpes, Jul 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #1 Vulpes, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Perhaps he's just on vacation or doing more important things - but he's not been on for 6 days?
    Not like Joe, always one of the first to welcome new folk.
    Just hope he's ok.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Too hot

Too hot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Costa del Clyde Scotchland
    Did he used to be in Coronation Street ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    @Ron Ashurst that's great mate. Thanks for making the effort to find out!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Had wondered about that myself.. Glad to hear he is good...

• Like Like x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Vulpes, Wessa, & My Brother Ron.
    Apologies & sorry. Should have made more of an effort. Was of my feet for a couple of weeks with flu like symptoms And very bad chest and throat with dizziness. The last week or so I have been ripping out my toilet and sink to replace with modern. Well I wish I had got a plumber in to fit it. Changing old imperial over to metric boy I never thought it would be so hard. Doesn't help that all the plumb centre's with youngsters just stand there looking blank then say sorry we can't help. You know I just ask Ron how he does it. He does his own house helps friends and family looks after Scarlet. I am lost here. My boy ask me to look at his Honda a few weeks ago and I haven't even got round to that yet.
    Do forgive me peeps I will be a few day's more on the toilet then hopefully I will be on top again. And before you or the brat members throw a spanner at me yes I do have two toilets in the house.
    Ride Safe & Free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Great to have you back, Joe.
    I hope you'll be working on the toilet for a few days? Not actually sitting on it? :p:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad / Vulpes.
    Thanks Dozers Dad tell you by the time I finish this toilet I'll be a permanent resident with the straight jacket. Never though something could be so difficult. And Vulpes I've spent as much time sitting on it as fitting it. Just sitting there scratching my noddle wondering were the next bit goes and I am still only half way through. I really will be in the nut house soon.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    The Joys of DIY!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Morning Joe - you off that pot yet?

As a toilet cistern only has a cold water feed and it is possible to use a standard 15mm compression joint on a half inch pipe, I'm wondering what's holding things up? Stopcock off; clean the pipe end; slip one of these on

https://www.toolstation.com/flexible-tap-connector-with-isolating-valve/p77655

tighten carefully ... job's a good 'un!

Good to know that you're over that lurgy thing and hope you get that loo sorted out soon!

• Like Like x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Wishbone.
    OH yes. Funny old thing. I can take my bike all to pieces and rebuild. Stupid sink and toilet sitting scratching my head.
    Regards
    Joe

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P.
    Woh that's a great idea. Never even though of that may get for both sink and toilet. Thanks for that.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Now here's a thought ....... amongst the forum membership there is, one assumes, likely to be a wide variety of well qualified and experienced tradespeople - plumbers, electricians, brickies, builders etc. I wonder if it would be feasible to have a list of those skilled tradesmen who might be willing to offer expert advice, practical shortcuts, trade tips, etc., to members of the forum? Clearly, no-one would really want to be disturbed during the working day ... well, mostly not ... but responding by personal message, or even a whatsapp call if mutually set up and agreed, could be a big help in some circumstances.

I can think of more than a few issues that might make it a wholly stupid idea, and it may not even be used enough to warrant the exercise, but I'm just wondering if anybody else thinks something like an "ask an expert" contact list would be of benefit?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Hope it works for you, Joe. Should be available from somewhere near you, e.g. Screwfix; Toolstation, plumbing supplier or any large DIY outlet but, if possible, go for a more expensive branded item rather than a generic one - it's worth the slight premium.

Good luck and just take it steadily.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good to hear mate. Good luck finishing the loo...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Glad to hear you're better :)

A lot of the lodges (hunting, fishing, shooting) here were built at the end of the 19th century, so that imperial to metric thing is a right pain. You can get imperial to metric connections, but we'd quite often need to repair something there and then, so gently rubbing the 1/2" down with emery cloth until the metric fitting fits is often the way. Slow, and steady.

The braided hose connections for taps are great things. I have fitted all our sinks with them. Much less hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Adie P.
    You know that's a great idea and any help with advice would be great. You know we all find ourselves outside our depths from time to time and to know there is someone to advice is a great idea. Tracy my better half well her Brother used to do all our plumbing and I used to make the tea. Now he's gone to the big plumbers in the sky so I though I would have a go. Never did anything like this in all my life but now I am right in the middle of it all. But Splendid idea.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Wessa.
    I am learning slowly I admit but learning something. Next time get a tradesman probably. But I think they would come now and laugh their heads of. So I have to finish what I've started. But thanks Bro.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron Bro.
    That made me smile But didn't help a bit. I'm not wrecking one of my tanks.:cold_sweat:
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Big Sandy.
    Nice to hear from you again. Yes back on my feet again. If I had of had any sense when the other half mentioned that I promised to help her with the toilet décor I should have relapsed. But see just like Adie P said. You have solved my first problem. I was pondering the waste which for some reason here links to the sewer pipe and had a rubber fitting that seals it all. Tried every where they had never heard of it. And all I could get was a strap thingy where you cut a hole and strap on but as the pipe is buried in a wall and tight against the supporting wall its not going to happen so of we go to get some emery and it will fit. Thanks.
    Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Glad you're OK Joe, didn't realise you was AWOL TBH, but I haven't been around very much either, have been mega busy with 'stuff' you know how it is mate. :rolleyes::D

• Like Like x 2