Anybody Heard From @sprinter?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vulpes, Oct 8, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. half ton

half ton Crème de la Crème

Oct 18, 2013
    uk
    If you all look closely there are quite a few members who have either drifted away or said feck it I'm off,It's not a new phenomenon , Ken Walburn is only on here very occasionally (but not seen him recently),Rich Bryce doesn't pop in anymore...I know he said he is very busy but If the forum had the pull he and others would still find time to spend 10mins occasionally.I like Sprinter and Andyc1 they are both top blokes,But it was their decision to go so I am not going to say "bye" or "why don't you come back" etc as they couldn't be arsed to tell us how they felt......I still like them as guys I have met and would still welcome then back but for now they are gone along with loads of others.....nothing has changed :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee First Class Member

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    I felt like saying the same...
    I do tend to be very honest and say things exactly how they are without any sugar coating....
    I think my sense of humour kinda balances it out though so all is well that ends well....

You can't live your life trying to please everyone else...
    You just make yourself miserable and you will never succeed...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Repooh

Repooh When nothing goes right, go left
    Subscriber

Jan 5, 2018
    Rickmansworth
    On a super positive not I'm still here, yay :party:

I'm a member of several Facebook Triumph groups, they appear to be growing daily, downside is they contain more than enough knob-heads to make it less interesting, fun or useful than this forum. Trouble with Facebook is every single fecker has an opinion, regardless if they're right or wrong or even relevant, every arse on earth and some appear to come from beyond earth pipes up.

Still, your day is now better as you have confirmation Repooh is here for you (not you, you know who you are)

Happy Wednesday old gits :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Yeah I know what you mean about Facebook. Everyone has an opinion but they don't like it when you express yours! :D
    Some guy posted a picture of the most hideous trike you've ever seen and asked what people thought of it. I said that it was sh*he! His response? "If you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say it"
    Wanker - he's last about 5 minutes on here!:cool:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    I'm lucky I have Two opinions mine and the Wife's (Lisa) and we all know her Opinion is the right one.
    I'm now going to put my big boy trousers on. :joy::joy:
    Tucker _20190125_235610.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    I like thisyere forum. Best bike forum I use, for sure.

I don't use faecesbook. But find that people who are, err, 'ardent' faecesbook users don't seem to fit well with forums. I think it's cos they expect an instant response.. Ask a question, get an answer (or several hundred different answers, faecesbook being what it is) then bugger off, don't say thanks, don't tell anybody which solution worked. All very selfish.

Shame to see decent fowk move on, for whatever reason, but such is life.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Sandi T.

Sandi T. It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Go, Lisa!! :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. feckless

feckless Senior Member

Apr 16, 2019
    North West UK
    Fairly new to this forum and I think it is a great place. I haven't seen any bitching or public flouncing

the threads can get pretty tangential which is a good reason to stay. :D:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Tangential? Surely not!

thread-derailed-gif-1.gif

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #30 Bad Billy, Oct 10, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 4:41 PM
    I have been around on the forum for a couple of years, I have enjoyed my time here, I have also made some friends both in the cyber and the real world.
    I have received encouragement in my rookie racing year, enjoyed sharing this & many other experiences through my various threads, but at the moment I don't have a lot to say as I am not doing much with bikes, so I am not posting so much (thank goodness some will say!).
    It is a unique place, unlike many bike forums many different subjects are discussed, at times I have had great fun, at other times not so much, I am quite thick skinned, so nothing much that someone I don't know says from behind their keyboard is going to upset me.
    I stay away from the Brexit thread as it gets a bit heated in there, if I am going to have an argument then at least let it be about something that I can effect by doing so.

You don't have to agree with someone to be their friend, you can have opposing views but still communicate in a reasonable manor, I have interacted with both Sprinter & AndyC and found them both to be great guys, if they decided to leave, then fair enough, their choice but really don't understand pulling content.

But if I did decide to leave the forum, I would do just that, simply fade away and not post anymore, not withdraw all my content, what's the point?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Elite Member

Jul 5, 2017
    Surrey
    I’ve seen a (very) occasional spat kick off due to person A trying to make a joke but person B reads it differently. Inevitable misunderstandings like this can occur but generally people are grown up enough to give/take banter if well meant.

The Brexit thread got a tad heated but thankfully people have started to post humorous stuff that takes the piss out of both ‘sides’ in near equal measure.

I think the forum’s great, somewhere you can get near immediate helpful advice on a technical problem or have a laugh about totally irrelevant topics. Quite diverse!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    As an admin on a. n. other forum, if anybody leaves, we never delete content or enen their username. Unless asked to remove things for legal reasons, it stays where it is. It was posted into the public domain, and as such it should stay. Plus, deleting a users content doesn't just delete their content, if you delete a thread they started, with 500 posts, that's 500 posts gone, regardless of who posted what. Could be 500 posts of shyte, or could be some really useful stuffs...

I wouldn't ask for any of my content to be removed.....

Exits, stage left. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee First Class Member

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Had to google transgential...
    I thought it was another new gender...
    Also images of coil springs with this word..
    I don’t see the relevance...

14. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member
    Subscriber

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    It's just that threads tend to go off course mate... :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    LOL... Transgenital. Horizontally opposed?

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

I hope not coz he was one of the major contributors.
    If some of the replies he received (especially from myself) have made him leave?
    Then he isn't the man I thought he was! :rolleyes:

Nobody can be as vocal as Sprinter was & expect everyone to agree with them.

The Brexit thread is continually blamed as a reason for folk leaving the forum. As I continually say in response to such accusations..."If that thread boils your pi$$? Don't read it!"..
    Leave it to the folk that know the difference between heated debate & an argument.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member
    Subscriber

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I agree that content should not be blanket removed (although if you feel strongly enough there is nothing stopping edits of your own posts - if you feel the need), generally we should accept a post is there to stay .
    And if we keep that in mind there are some things said that might not have been with a little more consideration.
    (but then the unconsidered posts are usually the more entertaining :laughing:)
    It's all too easy to sit behind our keyboards in relative anonymity.

I do believe the forum has changed a little as it has grown, however I don't feel the need for a strop, I'm just a bit more selective as to when/where I post. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Sandi T.

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I completely agree that content should not be blanket removed unless there is some very clear legal reason. And if members know content won't be removed should they leave the forum, then perhaps they (we!) will be judicious in what we type. As Col_C said, "it's all too easy to sit behind our keyboards in relative anonymity". Sort of like people in autos who cut off motorcyclists or behave in ways they never would were they not sitting anonymously behind their darkened windshields. (Well, they're darkened in the blazing sun of Arizona, anyway.)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Sandi T.

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Very well said, Billy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Here we go, this is my definitive advise to all Forum members when they post today ....

aa.jpg
    Simples! :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2