Any Shooters On Here

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sam triple, Jun 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tony Richardson

Tony Richardson Active Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Norwich
    I have always been a keen shooter, targets not anything with a pulse, I shot a bird in my garden when I was a teenager, I instantly hated myself for what I had done.
    I shot smallbore .22 rifles for a while, then while in the TA began shooting full bore guns SMLE, and SLR rifles, found out I was a natural I came second out of about 500 shooters in an all services competition in Colchester ranges, at ranges from 300 to 1000yards.
    Afterwards I joined a local small bore club and ended up shooting for the England reserves team, also joined the Vintage Arms Association who shot at Horsford near me, black powder at first, then mainly Western style guns,had replica.44/40 Henry and Winchester rifles, also had several handguns, but was always better with a long gun than a short one, then came Dunblane...................!
    They took away all my firearms except my BSA International Mk4 I had, so I carried on shooting smallbore for several years, then gave up altogether, still enjoy sniper games on my PS4 though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I did the same thing. My brother had a BB gun (fired little round pellets) and not very powerful - at least I didn't think so. I took careful aim at a robin sitting on the fence at the far side of the garden. No chance of hitting it - way out of range, my ability and the gun's accuracy. Squeezed the trigger and the robin disappeared. I went over to where it was, and it was lying on the ground, beak open, panting and a stain of red seeping into the snow.

I felt sick and thoroughly ashamed of myself.

• Agree Agree x 1