Any Shooters On Here

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sam triple, Jun 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    Random question but are there any shooters on here ? looking for a permission to do a bit of Pigeon shooting on ,and Corvid control cheers

2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Door knocking with respectful and presentable approach.
    Unless you are one of the lucky ones to interact with farms through work i.e. supplier, electricians, plant repairs.

Can be a hard slog I'm afraid : unamused:

3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    What about something nice and alternative to eat DD?

4. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    I used to do a lot of rough shooting until one day I realised how immature an activity it was. So I stopped.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    @sam triple I suspect you might be on the wrong forum with this subject!
    With comments like "immature" then I think you know where this is heading.

6. sam triple

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    ok so whats with crop protection ,of course if you hit something from 5yds its going make a mess of everything ,general licenses are back ,thought id ask on here as everyone seems to have a broad spectrum of intrests obviously got that ,ill close the door behind me ,

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Firearms have "justifiable reasons for use" as the section one licences are termed. Shotgun licences are less restrictive but all have legal purposes.

Some people don't like motorbikes, some don't like boy racer cars - each to their own.

I have a few hundred quid of venison in my two freezers :yum yet I don't pay for any of it. The landowners get food parcels periodically so it's a win win, no cash no hassle. :blush:

Keep plugging away Sam and it will come.

• Like Like x 2
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    when's full english open season?

9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Bambi Bolagnaise house speciality :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. sam triple

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    cheers Eldon for your support ,if I can get a reasonable bag of pigeons ill take what I need for consumption the rest will go to a game dealer ,where you can still get a few shillings per bird ,unlike pheasants that are shot in their hundreds and are worthless ,as for corvids which include rooks crows jackdaws magpie etc these birds need thining out a little to give out song birds a chance of survival ,as corvids and pigeon numbers have soared in numbers and song bird numbers diminishing this must tell you something ,

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Strange coincidence this thread. I've just opened a letter with "Warwickshire constabulary " stamped all over the front of the envelope. Opening it and fearing the worst, I see it's only a reminder for my shotgun license renewal. Seeing that I haven't fired a gun in the last 10 years with my present license, I think it's time to call it a day.

Anyone know how I can legally dispose of my old gun and ammo. It ain't worth a lot !

• Like Like x 2
  12. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You should be able to dispose of it at your local gunsmiths. They might even give you a few quid for it :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Hands off DD I've pm'd him :eyes::p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Lol :yum tonight if need be subject to what it is :joy:

15. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    £20 What as in a tenner each :weary_face: and I was hoping for a bargain?
    Maybe we could club together and offer him £15,.
    £7.50 each what do you think?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Typical wide boy response from the black country...... I can see where my ex wife learnt her craft.

Don't be sucked in by the smooth sweet talking hairdresser Johnjo, you've been warned! :scream:

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Thanks for the " wise " words guys and interest. Btw Eldon, I've not received any messages if you've sent one.

I did say the guns not worth much. I'll try and find my key later to the gun cabinet. Better make sure there's not just a pile of rust in there. It was/is an old Spanish s/s, can't ever remember seeing a name on it.

I bought it off an old gun Smith I knew who was retiring and clearing has stock. That was about 20 years ago. Never visited a gun smith since. I think I will and get it appraised.

Edit. Sorry Eldon just found your message. Didn't know you could send to a profile page. I'll get back to you after an appraisal if you don't mind waiting a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Thank you Johnjo, father in law to be currently has my OU as he only had a rusty old single barrel.

19. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    You and me
    You and me both although it makes an effective mobile pigeon scarer :cool:

Problem is once you've shot rifle you just can't get into the proper swing (get it?) Of things :grinning:

20. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I used to shoot when i was younger...shotguns and rim-fire back when there was little real legislation and we ate what we shot, recently took up air rifle shooting just target as i dont see the point in killing animals for fun.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #20 Eldon, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Well you can cast me aside then folks as ive been requested to go and sort a bunny problem out tonight...... hopefully it will be fun and earn me a few brownie points with the landowner.

Caveat for the above is:
    This guy has to earn a living with sheep, pigs, chickens (eggs) etc. Now im sure looking at some of the other threads that a few on here actually do eat food :scream:

Let me let you into a secret.......

bacon, other meats and pie fillings etc do not originate from supermarkets dressed up in cling film and plastic. They actually come from animals being killed :eek:

Eggs means foxes die!!!!
    Have you seen the damage those cute little foxes on the annual classic calendar picture do?
    No boiled eggs for you sir as unfortunately we had a visitor last week and they are off the menu ) sorry.

What! I hear you cry, but unfortunately it's true :sob:

• Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1