Any Ideas On These Bolts?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rimbo, Apr 5, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    Hi all

I've just bought a 2007 Sprint ST and am in the process of sprucing it up. I've replaced a few bits for new and have these two bolts that I want to replace as they're old and rusty. Anyone know a part number or a name so that I can get a couple?

Many thanks

IMG_Triumph_2.jpg IMG_Triumph_2.jpg IMG_Triumph.jpg IMG_Triumph_2.jpg

2. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rimbo

Rimbo Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2021
    West Sussex
    • Like Like x 1
  4. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    A couple of bolts like that can be had cheaply from your local fastener suppliers, in stainless steel, for less.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ManInTheJar

ManInTheJar Member

Feb 4, 2023
    Scotland
    If you replace rusty parts with like for like then they will also rust eventually, not to mention the cost of original fasteners.

Buy yourself a cheap thread gauge which you can use to check the thread pitch of any fasteners then buy stainless replacements. A2 stainless is corrosion resistant whilst the more expensive A4 is only required for highly loaded applications.

I mostly use Westfield (https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/) and Namrick (https://www.namrick.co.uk/) but others are out there. Its also worth buying a mixed pack of stainless (M6, M8 etc) to replace old fasteners as you come across them.

6. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    A4 is often referred to as marine grade for its enhanced corrosion resistance but you can also get A2-80 and A4-80 which are high tensile versions. Even higher tensile strengths are available if required, but at a cost. My favourite supplier is Accu who supply some F1 teams.