Any advice on Bonneville suspension upgrade please ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Glynn Hallett, Nov 8, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Glynn Hallett

Glynn Hallett New Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Fareham, Hampshire, UK
    Bikerman,
    Yes, I must attach some sort of pictorial addition re my trusty steed (It shouldn't take as long as getting round to doing the suspension, I hope !).

thebiglad,
    I've been for a longer ride today, including down a lovely twisty country lane not far from where I live and, in between watching out for car drivers ignoring my existence, horse-poo and gravel patches and enjoying the ride and the feeling that I could actually feel the suspension working, I though occurred to me : The fact that I now have progressive units front and rear, perhaps, in relation to the front fork springs and my previous comments, maybe the sum of the parts is greater than any individual improvement. The feeling I got was definitely that front and rear were working in some sort of harmony. What with the lovely exhaust burble (really takes me back to my youth and the 1961 650 Trophy lookalike I had for a while, converted from a T-bird base I think) and now suspension that gives my mechanically biased brain mental images of components actually functioning, a bit like a Heath Robinson cut-away animated cartoon, the ride was brilliant. Sorry, I've wandered off into la-la land a bit there !!!

Thanks for the responses gentlemen.