Antitheft

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Kenny rodger, Aug 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenny rodger

Kenny rodger Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Tranent
    Given theres a lot of bike theft now. Especially triumphs as they seem to be easy. It seems the thieving scum break the plastic bit under the ignition. My question is has anyone made a metal piece to cover this area?

2. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Just watched thief trackers on tele, they look handy bits of kit for if your pride n joy get stolen. The bike one was fitted to a Speedy. Not so clever for protection but certainly a plus for recovery

3. Ali G

Ali G Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Kirkcaldy
    That's how they stole my mates street r. They then leave the barrel swinging and a screwdriver or similar acts as a key with no effort.

Ali

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Stopped watching after the camera thing on the bike. Putting stuff out like that just shows the crims that they can get away with it. He should have been ragged off that bike ( probably stolen) and beaten senseless, and as for that lying cow in the car, well, don't get me started.
    Perhaps this post should have gone in rant of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    True for older Triumphs, but later ones have a chip in the key so won't start without it (so metal cover wouldn't benefit - and may be even stop the chip working?), so would need a van (or scooter push). Of course the steering lock is probably just as weak as any other bike and can probably be broken relatively easily. So disc lock as a minimum, preferably heavy duty chain to something solid, especially if you park somewhere on a regular basis.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Unfortunately I didn't notice it was just on sorry