Another recall

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by tj2, Feb 1, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tj2

tj2 Member

Sep 21, 2016
    nowhere
    Had an email today about my throttle body repair, all parts are in just need to book in.

It also mentioned "a new service bulletin to be carried out".

It turns out that the heated grips have been causing the throttle to stick......................

(search "free cruise control")

Wonder how many more problems us guinea pigs will discover??

Cheers all
    Terry

2. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Nothing on the 'gov' recalls lists yet - http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
    I have been concerned about the sticking throttle reports here though, surely that can be a dangerous situation. Add to this the fact that when I collected my new T120 last August the dealer told me not to use the heated grips on their Hi setting ("you'll not need it!!"). I suspect they knew about this issue even then.

3. tj2

tj2 Member

Sep 21, 2016
    nowhere
    Took mine in under warranty for sticking throttle.... was told was catching on bar end weight, now have had the notification in an email !!

Terry

4. Soulkicker

Soulkicker New Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Denver Colorado, USA
    I took mine in a week ago Saturday, Feb 4th, 17.... they called late today, nearly a week later, to tell me it's done.
    The service writer told me they inserted a Triumph supplied "shim washer" to move the grip a wee bit.
    That's all they'd tell me.

5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Advice to all new bike owners with these types of problems during the warranty period
    Insist on a courtesy bike if they have yours in for repair, they always have demo bikes available so don't be put off by them saying no bikes are available.
    You're paying a lot of money out, it's not your fault and why should you be penalised ?

6. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #6 Winglad, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Also got a call by my dealer last week: it was about the heated grip recall.
    Says they do it while I wait and have a coffee and a currywurst. :p
    That's good, because I have testridden all their bikes. :( And the bobber is not out there yet.:cool:

Besides: WANT TO RIDE MY OWN BIKE NOW :rolleyes:

Maybe I should tell them that cruise-control is installed and that I ride with a stuck throttle all
    the time anyway... :confused: (it is fun when you approach a sharp turn and you ponder "should I touch it, or will I leave it..." Can end up pretty hairrising too :eek: )

7. tj2

tj2 Member

Sep 21, 2016
    nowhere
    On a short break 12000 miles away got to get mine in when I get home...... May even be a touch warmer then!

Although the weather will need to up its game a bit, currently 37 degrees mostly sunny but some really intense thunderstorms.
    Can you guess where I am?
    Can't find a triumph to rent tho......Kin hardly movingsons or Chinese junk at every rental shop!

• Like Like x 2
  8. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Thailand ?

9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not sure what this has got to do with recalls, unless you are in Thailand which I doubt as it's less than 6000 miles away, and part of the deal is to return it to the factory. :) NZ is closest to 12000 but that doesn't seem right weather wise. I'm intrigued , a Pacific island maybe having gone the long way round

10. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Tasmania ?

11. tj2

tj2 Member

Sep 21, 2016
    nowhere
    Well after all the convoluted connections, 12kmiles is a guesstimate but tropical north Queensland is where I am. Great holiday but suppose I'm going to be chilled to the bone when I get back.

• Like Like x 1