Another Rant (neighbor From Hell)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Mar 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Put on your big boy pants and man up
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wishbone

Wishbone Senior Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    You can watch/record on a computer seem to remember smartphone was optional!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    I am now getting even more pissed off as i have just had a reply from the attending officer who i told that i feel nobody was taking things seriously enough and she i lying she stated that i didn't give a statement which i did and that because i didn't want them to go around and confront him then because i thought if they did he would just kick off again later and i would have to call them back.

Now she tells me that they could have arrested him and it could have gone to court which if they had told me i would have said yes go ahead its like i have been either deliberately misinformed or just not bothered to give the me correct details ....not happy!
    Is it worth taking it higher or will that just prejudices them?

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sounds like a bit of confusion by them. Can you still progress with the court action or has to much time passed?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    I think the first thing to do is put up some notices saying that the property is covered by cctv. I think you have to do that anyway if you are using cctv, if the law is the same as it used to be.

If it still carries on, then it's time to get the cameras. Might just be the warning of surveillance is enough?

Used to be I had friends who would happily take your neighbour for a run out in a transit then drop him off miles from home, M6 fast lane was a favourite place. I run in different circles now. Good thing or not? Sometimes I wonder.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Waiting for a reply to my email as i pointed out that i had provide a statement and that i had never been informed about the the prospect of arrest....is it me or are the cops just incompetent these days...or just dont give a stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Privateer

Privateer Stand up member
    Subscriber

Jan 2, 2017
    Derbyshire
    It's not just you mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RIDGE

RIDGE Member

Sep 25, 2019
    Cornwall UK
    Sorry to hear about your problem twat neighbour, mate.
    If you keep an eye on screwfix, they regularly have promos on full, self recording, cctv systems,including night vision which could be ideal for your situation. I recently got a 6 camera hdd system for £299 ('£150 off') and installed it myself for my shop. Came with some 'I've got cctv' type signs and was dead easy to put up.Pretty much plug&play. You can just view these systems thru your tv or any old monitor, or hook them up to your broadband for all that technical smartphone stuff.
    They can also be conveniently turned off at the mains, should you have any visiting friends from.... say a forum you might know.;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Adie P

Adie P Elite Member
    Subscriber

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Peasant First Class
    Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    When all other options failed me In my time of crisis with neighbour's from hell including all legal options i found these guys were a great help...obviously the people i knew were not plastic but seriously well organised and not turds i thought they would be....
    Everybody started taking the whole thing a lot more seriously then...unfortunately or fortunately I don't run in those circles any more either..
    Desperate times make strange bedfellows so to speak...

20200325_225725.jpg

20200325_225622.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to resist saying this but needs must.

Offers of "help" to Tricky-Dicky are all very admirably. But please don't post them on a public forum if they involve violence FFS! :rolleyes:

If you or your friends are up for roughing up his neighbour? Please PM Tricky-Dicky for his contact details.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    DD is quite right...you can be prosecuted nowadays for anything you post online that could be seen to inciting violence or the threat of violence...Even the use of words which may cause upset or distress....
    That's why I used lego miniatures...:p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Maybe my comment will be seen by some folk as an unjustified over reaction Duck?
    If so, those that see it that way probably had no intention of following through on their suggestions.
    As the old saying goes mate..."Talk is cheap!"...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Unfortunately I have a lot of experience in being prosecuted for all sorts of so called threatening behaviour...most of it complete b#ll#x...You don't think its possible until the tell tale knock at your door that can only be plod...

As for freedom of speech..no such thing nowadays if your an indigenous Male in this country....First hand experience....

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    And the irony is my tosspot neighbor can get away with aggressive and threatening behavior and damage of property yet we worry about venting our frustration but concocting imaginary payback;)...the thought police are listening :rolleyes:this country is sad and now we have to worry about something similar in virus form.:(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    @Dozers Dad is quite right of course, what a litigious society we live in. I wouldn't resort to violence myself nowadays. Gone are the days when the village Bobby used to give you a thick ear and send you on your way.

Its a great shame that its always the decent folk that get the crappy end of the stick.

Still, from what TD says, the dude isn't a 'rule follower' per se, so maybe he's out and about in these 'trying unprecedented times'*. Who knows what he might pick up.

*sorry about those phrases, they are really starting to hack me off, but needs must.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Member

Went into a similar situation. After a few confrontations, the guy told me I should call the police (thinking I would never do it). I did it, 2 times within a few days, and promised I'll do that everytime. He is now quiet. Don't use violence yourself you'll be the one in trouble , escalate every time it's possible to the police, even if it's every day. The best weapon is the mobile phone, film this twat everytime he's overpassing.

• Like Like x 3