Anchorage To Prudhoe Bay On 2 Honda Trail Bikes.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Golgotha, Dec 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

One old, one new. Little slow ones. 1000 mile trek through the most remote region in the US to the country's northernmost point.

Pretty good stuff.

(Recent documentary via Revzilla)

• Like Like x 4
  2. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I haven’t forgotten about this, waiting for an opportunity to watch! Looks like a good craic… so back up to the top before it gets lost in the threads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Postie bike's here in Australia !

They're not Trail bike's very limited and poor suspension ! My Brother was a Postman about 10 years ago and for about 15 year's !
    Bike's were are fairly crappy cheap unbreakable ride ! They took a hell of a lot of punishment every ride ! Supposed to carry 40? Kg? He said closer to 80kg during Xmas .. !
    That's plus the rider ....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Golgotha

Golgotha Guest

I definitely would’ve included a big bore sidearm in my kit. Bear mace is all good, I guess, but they will rarely give you any advanced warning and could be right on top of you before you know it. If there’s cubs on the scene’ mama’s coming in hot, I can assure you. I did a season on a trawler up there some years back and I packed a .44 MAG snub w/ 270 gr Buffalo Bore for shore excursions. Anything other than a head or spinal shot might not even do the trick.

Moose are a very real threat too.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    Boxing Day morning treat, I’ve watched a few things these dudes have done (scramblers off road, cheap vs expensive bike camping, daily commute, workshop etc) they’re natural presenters and make it fun to watch. This is no different, worth an hour or so of your time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I have put this on my watch list :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Watched it this afternoon, brilliant and entertaining. Love the artic landscape and their determination to get the trip done. Well worth the time, thanks for posting @Golgotha :):)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Alexiscasazza

Alexiscasazza New Member

Dec 26, 2021
    Texas USA
    Thank you, thank you. My first motorcycle was a Honda Trail 90, 1967.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DCS900

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    And the zen like rebuild...

• Like Like x 1