Alternative Legend Wheels

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Pete Hay, Apr 26, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pete Hay

Pete Hay New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Moray
    Hi.
    I would like to replace my standard spoke wheels for 5 or 7 spoke mag wheels on my 1999 Triumph Legend. I have searched the web with little success. Any suggestions where I should start looking?

Cheers, Pete

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hi Pete, welcome in.
    I'm wondering if the alloy wheels off the early carb'd bikes (Trident, Trophy, Daytona etc) could (be made to) fit? May not be exactly what you want though.
    The likes of Ivan at National Triumph (Wolverhampton) may be able to help as he is quite highly regarded on other Triumph forums - his is an ebay shop, but has a phone number.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Pete,do you know if the allow wheels you're after are the same size/diameter as your current spoked ones? I only ask as spokes wheels on Triumphs are often larger than their alloy brothers or sisters.

4. Pete Hay

Pete Hay New Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Moray
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a particular wheel in mind yet. I'll check out National Triumph. The less modification required the better, on account of me being a lazy b*****d.

Cheers, Pete

• Like Like x 1