Almost Wasn’t Here

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Marcmaz, Nov 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    Hi all. I’m Marc from Schererville Indiana. I ride a 2016 Silver Street Twin. Bike is pretty much the most fun bike I’ve ever had. The exhaust note is what sold me. Never even test rode. Just pure parallel twin music.
    Only problem was it’s a bit on the small side for riding a wife who isn’t on the small side. We fit, but I can tell the Triumph is very happy. So was looking at a 2014 Honda CTX 1300. Leftovers with big discounts. Ready to Trade Triumph, but went to garage for a smoke, and just looking at how cool my bike is there was NO WAY I was trading it in. I add more later. Have to go to work. Bye

• Like Like x 3
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Hi and Welcome, your post came up as spam, but I have approved it, please don't be a spammer !!!:p

If any other posts don't appear, give me a shout;)

3. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana

4. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    I promise you I’m definitely not a spammer. Just looking for a site with people who love their Triumph like me. Love the fact that I’ll see 400 Harleys on any given day, but not many bikes like mine. Riding a Triumph is very cool. Not being like everyone else is even better. Never expected to enjoy this little 900, but it puts a smile on my face every time I go for a ride. Did minor additions on the bike to make it “mine”. You tube videos from Tony on Views from the Man Cave” really helped. Just appreciate the fun factor of my Street Twin.

• Like Like x 4
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate and welcome
    Keep the Triumph:):cool:
    Change the wife :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana

7. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    She’s a great wife. Used to ride a 600 Shadow but is happier being a passenger. Actually thought about getting a T120 since I figured it had more room for her. Still might be an option.

• Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Two bikes two bikes!! Wife , optional extra!!

9. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    So I’ve just spent last hour researching the T120. Found a New 2016 for $10700. Question? Is it bigger in size than my Street Twin to handle a passenger better. Looking now to see what trade in value is. Sure I’ll be insulted. I’m liking that T120. It’s like a crazy motorcycle sickness. But that’s okay. I dig it

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, good bike the silver ST....
    Wessa

11. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    The decision you have to make is which one gives you the better feeling after a good hard ride.....

.....The bike or the wife!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    That’s the best quote of the Day! Finally have a good laugh today. I’m just not sure about the answer to that lol. Just happy that I don’t constantly look to upgrade my wife every season. But if there was a trade in value on a wife.... hmmm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Hi and welcome to the nut house you should fit right in mate.
    Tucker:mask:

14. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    Thanks very much. I’m really glad I found this group. You all are awesome. Really appreciate all the comments

15. GaleForceEight

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Generally you won’t get much trade in on a second hand wife.

Here is why.

The back ends have usually gone soft and wobbly, there is too much variance in front end protrusion, they tend to chatter at high speeds, and the maintenance costs are OUTRAGEOUS!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    You are very much crazy. Truthful but crazy. My wife better not see this forum or I’ll be sleeping on my Triumph. Hopefully I will hear from dealer tomorrow about value of my Street Twin. Looking for around $6000-6300. See what happens. Really like the T120 but not going to give away my bike. Same with the wife. I’ve got too much time and $$ invested in her.

• Like Like x 1
  17. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Welcome to the forum. I found it easier to find a bike that my wife liked ( reverse psychology) once that happened - hey presto - Rocket. Oh happy day

18. GaleForceEight

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    I thought I had toned it down a tadge!

I didn’t even mention about the intake being FAR too close to the exhaust, or the chain being wrapped around your ankle more than the drive sprocket.....

19. Marcmaz

Marcmaz New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Schererville Indiana
    [​IMG] 7ED7DDAE-CD75-41A0-BE9F-6293DF46B6EF.png

• Like Like x 8
  20. GaleForceEight

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    What a beautiful machine! Love the styling on your skid lid too - the two compliment one another perfectly.