Featured Almost Bike Jacked

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by R_1000, Feb 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    The guy who bought my GSXR called me today. He lives in Chigwell. He was out riding today n came to a stop at the lights. 6 guys came in three bikes made up of mopeds n a fazer. They came up next to him n one of the passenger jumped off the bike n came screaming at him telling him to get off the bike. He said he had no choice but to jump the lights n gunned the motor. They went after him but didn't have much of a chance. He apparently jumped a camera too. Last I heard is he was at the police station to explain the situation n him jumping lights n further couple of speeding cameras. He said he was riding like an utter lunatic but he rather bin the bike than let them take it from him. I hope things went ok for him at the police station.

Please be very cautious out there people. When I went out to central London on Friday, I spent more time looking around me than watching where I was going. Maybe I am paranoid:(. What a life:rolleyes:. Can't even enjoy your well deserved time on your loving bike without having to worry about these good for nothing thieving scums :mad:

Ride safe people n be vigilant. Do your best to stay safe

• Like Like x 5
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Trash!! The lot of em

• Like Like x 2
  3. old git

old git Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    I hope the police take this seriously and do something about it though given recent form it's not likely

• Like Like x 3
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    What else is he supposed to have done other than just give into to them. That's not happening

5. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    That anything like this can happen in broad daylight in the UK is unbelievable.
    It just shows to me the absolute disregard for law and order which exists in pockets of our country.
    This is exactly the sort of incident that leads to decent normally law abiding people having to prepare to defend themselves with whatever methods they feel keeps them safe.
    Then we all know what happens!
    These thugs will more than likely be known to local police, how can this be allowed to happen?
    The constant attacks on police for intimidation and harassment has undermined their authority, we live in a weakened state of our own making.

• Like Like x 4
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Ever since he crashed the bike he has been in contact with me a lot. Infact he has become a good friend to me since the crash. Also he told me last week that he wants to sell the bike as he feels it's too much for him.

I believe his call was a friendly one

• Like Like x 3
  7. Graeme_D

Graeme_D Active Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Edinburgh
    Unfortunately, this is pretty much what you are advised to do.

Of course, doing so, will make your insurance null and void as the keys are with the bike :|

8. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    makes me sick reading stories like this.... they want stringing up by their b...s !
    I haven't ever had this situation having ridden 1000s of miles over the yrs.... but I assure you they wouldn't be taking my pride and joy without one hell of a fight......

even if I was shitting myself !!

• Like Like x 3
  9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    We do have a national police service already paid for with our taxes that should be tackling this.

10. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    Mick.... totally agree mate buts lets be honest....

effing waste of space !

11. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^ Villans gets more rights and protection from the law compared to decent citizens :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  12. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    It a sad indictment!
    The only trouble as you know is the minute you step over that very fine line of what is classed as reasonable force you are in the shit big time.
    We all know the 6 defenceless youths from broken homes bludgeoned by a maniac scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RROB

RROB Active Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Worcestershire
    lets be assured by the law..... " If a couple of those little bastards are arrested for the theft of a bike at a set of lights"... don't worry mum they'll be home in enough time for tea !!

• Like Like x 1
  14. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Well my mate called me. He was at the police station for 3 hours and eventually they saw him. Half way through him telling them what happened, they said they can't take his report in as nothing has happened and they are going through a major case and they don't have the time. My mate kicked up a fuss and they offered to send an officer to his on Tuesday to take the report. As for the cameras, they won't access the CCTV as no crime has been committed meaning his bike wasn't stolen or he wasn't assaulted. My mate argued they came up to him threatening him to get off his bike and what do you expect me to do......wait for them to punch the crap out of me before you will look into this. The officer said the best they can do is send someone on Tuesday. Period!!!!!

Poor gezzer knows he is not going to get any support. And he is going to end up with massive fine and points on his licence. He said if that happens then he will hang up his leathers :(

I am going to fit flame throwers to my bike. And install something from Bond movies....like electricity runs through the handle bars or seat with enough juice to fry your balls at a press of a button :D.........I just hope I don't end up pressing it accidentally whilst I am on the bike :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  15. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #15 R_1000, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Sometimes I feel unfair to put down our police officers, I do it so purely out frustration. I really appreciate their sacrifices and them putting their lives at risk so that we could sleep peacefully. If it wasn't for them we will not be able to walk the street in peace. The problem is their hands are tied with our human rights and million other complicated law and order. If those officers stepped out of line with an offender then cases are filed against those officers and life can become shit in the force for them. If they even as much as listen to a complaint then they will have weeks of paperwork to process. I do feel sorry for them and most of those officers must be really frustrated of not being able to do anything. Some got so used to this and becomes immune to unfair treatment of decent citizens. The problem is with our politicians who draft these laws which makes them look good but not necessarily the decent citizens. The law should totally 100% should work very bad for any scum committing a crime meaning book will get thrown at you....you are going down one way or another. This is just my opinion about our officers, so please don't flame me:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I keep my alarm fob seperate to the ignition key because of this very reason.
    Triumph M40 advised me to keep the alarm fob seperate otherwise all a thief needs to do is nick the key and they have full access to the bike, my fob is on a seperate chain with my lock keys in my pocket. If you can I too advise you to keep them seperate.

• Like Like x 4
  17. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    ^^^ I think you are right about my mate. He is going to get slapped with a ticket and he thinks the same too.

Regards
    H

18. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I would advise your mate to ask to speak to a supervisor and ask that the report be treated as a Section 4 Public Order offence, and not a potential bike jacking for which there is no evidence (bike wasn't touched, keys weren't taken).

Section 4 relates to intimidation and threatening behaviour - Causing Fear or Provocation of Violence. The aggressive shouty behaviour of the guy together with the fact he had five mates with him made your mate fear for his safety to the extent he felt forced to risk road safety offences to put himself out of serious harms way.

He should insist that the CCTV is obtained for evidential purposes. You never know, the perps face or number plates might show up. Worst case scenario the desk can pass the CCTV images on to Intelligence Unit to add to their knowledge bank. Bear in mind though, CCTV isn't always recording, and may not be pointing to the area where it happened.

• Like Like x 5
  19. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    What more is there to be said? unbelievable!

20. Yaya rider

Yaya rider Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Essex
    Agreed. I don't remember loads from my law school days, but this sounds like it's a common law assault - you don't have to be touched, just the fear of imminent violence or harm can be enough. I don't see how he can end up with a fine/points given he was acting under a type of duress. If it comes to that, it's time to get a solicitor.

• Like Like x 6