Thruxton Aimless Riding On A Sunny Sunday Morning Doesn't Work For Me

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Luegolover, Jun 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Many a true word spoken in jest..........

Until the Angles (English!) invaded and became overlords of what we call the Lothians about 600 A.D. the local language was Brythonic (British!) or what we now call Welsh. Confused yet? Penicuik - the Hill/Peak of the Cuckoo is the same language as Pen-y-Fan - the Peak of the Mountain. Just as Carstairs and Carluke are the same tongue as Cardiff and Carnarvon. I am very close to Merlindale (wizard eh?) but best of all Wallace apparently means Welsh (Brythonic) speaking.

I am always amused by how far some of our modern notions of identity depart from history and the dna record.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Yeah.... I knew that :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well you could have told me. I spent months researching......:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Go to Dilligaf first - he is the font of all knowledge (he's been called worse!)

Sorry! should have added "when it comes to anything Jack Daniels related". :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    Heading off to a restored first world war aerodrome at Stow Maries tomorrow. Taking my son pillion as they have an activity day.

There is ALWAYS one reason or another to get out and about, even if it is enjoying the view from some vantage point somewhere!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2