Sprint GT Advice Sought

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Gary_P, Oct 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi all Sprint GT owners, present and past, and anyone who knows this model,
    I sold my 2013 Tiger Sport a couple of months ago (I bought the new Kawk 900 which is fantastic and a keeper), but have regretted letting the Triumph go (made a decision, but maybe not the right one! :(). I have seen a Sprint GT for sale, 2014 with low miles, it has full luggage, heated grips (standard on these I believe) and a few other extras for a lot less than I sold my TS. This has caught my attention, but before I make any enquires, what is the riding position like on these, is it quite neutral? I do a bit of touring each year and this will fit the bill nicely and I suspect it will be as good as the Tiger Sport. I will try and get a test ride (private sale), but initial query here first on the riding position and all day touring comfort.

Thanks. Gary.

Edit - it is also in the best colour :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gary
    Does that mean its black. I had the Sprint st and apparently the GT is better. And more upright. Test it see whit its like. I do somewhere in my garage have a set of risers that I had milled down a bit so cables and wires would fit comfortably so if you want a little height i'll drop them in the post to you.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Joe, thats excellent and very kind, thank you.
    Yes, it is black and the SE (?) model, only 7k miles and it does look smart.
    I may be creating some more space again to fit another bike in............

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I have a GT and in the summer I tour long days 7 / 8 hours on a standard seat. It is a perfect tourer and sporty great engine too. Comfort is all day long.
    Im selling cos I want a more sports orientated bike.
    2011 and 20,000 miles if your interested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Thanks Sprinter and SJ, I wasn’t specifically looking, this one was brought to my attention and it looks a good one. Thanks for the info on riding comfort, will definitely consider.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Hay, Gary, what about the comfort and long distance capacities of the Sport, and how does it handle round the twisties? Silver is the best colour.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iron_Horse

Iron_Horse New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Surrey, UK
    #7 Iron_Horse, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Hi Gary, I've been on a 2011 Sprint GT for over a year now and very comfortable over long journeys. Eats motorways and loves sweeping bends. Mine came with handlebar risers fitted, which works for me as I'm not the tallest guy in the world. Best bet is for you to sit on one/ test ride to see if it fits!
    Cheers

Chris

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1