Advice Please

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Rspete, Sep 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    I feel your despair! I had a similar issue with a brand new KTM, bought new from a multi-franchise dealer in Maidstone (anyone living in Kent, will know the outfit????).
    Like yourself I paid cash, from day one I had nothing but hassle!
    Leaking hydraulics, leaking coolant, software issues, bad mouldings...... basically a lemon!
    The dealers, namely L**una were useless, pretending to have an interest in resolving. But neither the dealer or KTM gave a toss. Backwards and forwards to the workshop was really the only mileage the bike got!
    KTM even have a policy of not talking directly to their customers?
    After 3 months, had to threaten legal action before I was given a FULL refund.
    Keep a record of all your events, dates of workshop visits, emails etc. It looks good on paper if you have to go down the legal route.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    My dealers just dropped the rs off at my house, so i can take the extras off and put it back to its standard form :blush:

So i will pop them on here for sale when i do.
    Evotech radiator and oil guards.
    Evotech tail tidy
    Evotech quick release fuel cap

@Cupracing yes it has tainted my views on this particular bike but not the brand.

New triumph coming soon

• Like Like x 3
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    RsPete.
    Great news mate. Hope everything is up from now on.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Holding out for the 1160 (hopefully with tasteful graphics)? :yum

Did you get what you wanted from them Pete? Were they already moving towards a positive resolution, and did your latest 'escalation' help to tip the balance in your favour?

Situations like this can be so hard - I too value a positive relationship with the dealer...especially if you have to visit them so often (!).

As others have said, a good relationship is one thing...and they might appear to be your friends...but at the end of the day, they're running a business (apparently ;)) and you have to detach yourself and protect your own interests.

The biggest surprise with my experiences, is the rift between the dealership and Triumph UK - there just doesn't seem to be a supportive relationship.

Enough bleating - glad to hear that something is being done :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Hi Mrtriple
    Well..... my bike was pencilled in for return today anyway but all departments are aware that I've had enough, so it'll give me a chance to take the bits off.... phew!
    As for the new speed triple 1160..... nope no way, every speed triple I've owned (apart from my 06) has just refused to be my friend unfortunately.
    I'm sure they'll come up with a good deal for me to move on but if its the ridiculous, I'll fight every step of the way to get what i want.
    The bike I'm going for next :laughing:, heres a clue......it sounds like sprocket and its in the middle of 2 and 4.:kissing:
    Bet you never get it, youll be losing sleep every night wondering!:joy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    OMG - a Sprocket 3 :grinning:

That's a seriously exciting prospect to look forward to!

It was never my kind of bike, but I absolutely love what they've done with this latest version. Would I have one though? Erm...yes :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    My situation with my bikes like this.
    :joy::joy::joy:

Screenshot_20171112-133925.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Its something to look forward too isn't it and i will get a great deal as well.
    I just love the sprocket 3 :joy: its always been a favourite of mine, the new r3r looks absolutely brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good man :)
    You know it makes sense :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    You changing your name to R3RPete then?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cupracing

Cupracing Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Berkshire
    The new rocket looks amazing, very jealous!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    No Dawsy, my name stays the same :joy:
    My name will be a reminder to people who start having trouble with there speed rs's. Then they can say "my bikes just Rspete'd" on me :weary_face:

My bikes back to standard now, took some time but at least i have all my bits and bobs to sell.o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrTriple

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Oh for Rspete’s sake...it’s gone wrong again :tired_face:

Yep - I can use that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    :joy::joy: thats the one dude..... actually laughed out loud there mate hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Not solving your issues but this may also be of some help. Perhaps include copies of all correspondence with your dealer to CEO/Triumph, that way Triumph is being notified of the situation as you progress. I also tend to document verbal meetings/ad hoc discussions ie: "we discussed on... ,I said....you said...we agreed, etc etc, and send them a copy. This gives what you 'recall' at a later date more credibility should you need it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Luke_88

Luke_88 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Canada
    Have you tried asking Triumph to extend your warranty? I'm in the same situation as you, Triumph denied a bike swap and in turn, I haven't touched my bike since August 14th... Triumph has offered to give the bike one extra year of warranty though. It's worth a try.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Hi luke

I've ended up completely hating it mate, the bike goes back on saturday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Have the repairs been made to your satisfaction?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    That’s very unfortunate. I was nearly to that point as well. The quickshifter issue was never resolved for me, but everything else was. When working it’s such a great bike. Such a shame really.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Totally agree Steve, great when it works but the bloody thing tried to set me on fire 2 weeks ago, the fuel line broke and covered me in petrol on start up, i was completely sick to my back teeth of it, just pulled it out the garage fully kitted up as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1