Advice Needed - Qs On 2018 R - Which P/n?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Leech, Oct 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Leech

Leech New Member

Aug 12, 2021
    North Devon
    #1 Leech, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    hi folks,

I'm thinking about adding a QS to my Speedy but am a little confused about the part number that should be fitted to get me up & down Qshifting. I can get my hands on a brand new cheap A9778550, but

A) I'm not sure if it's compatible (Triumph website quotes A9770425, which is compatible with the S - R is not on the dropdown on Triumphs website). Has it been updated? I read quite a bit about some QS being only up and some up/down shifters so am not sure what the 550 p/n would get me.

So to save me a call (and potentially getting a bum-steer) can someone advise if the 550 is compatible? the box says its suitable for 2018 S, which from what I know, do not differ hardware-wise to the R.

B) the risk involved in buying a non-distributor supplied part & fitting it myself - if it really goes wrong, I'll be stuffed with no minimal cover and a gearbox to replace ....Even if I get it from the distributor, the note on the box (that I've seen) still says it needs to be fitted by a qualified technician)

Is it all worth it? I'd say 60% of time, I do ride rather "dynamically"

• Like Like x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Leech
    Cant help you brother but hope one of the more intelligent inmates in the family pops along soon with an answer for you.
    Joe.

3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    2018 I think is when triumph updated the speed triple. 16-18 bikes where up shift only, 18 onwards got up and down shift, more power and a tft dash. Which model is yours?
    Have a look here here https://www.worldoftriumph.com/coll...pjVhmhFObXiftUxoIhiR2f9G9s2CykKxoCZdQQAvD_BwE
    You should be able to find the correct one for your bike. If yours is the older model, the triumph up and down shifter won't work. There might be aftermarket solutions though.

• Agree Agree x 1