Advice Needed Please

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by HappyAl, May 3, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    I turned up the idle speed to around 1100rpm, that sorted the stalls I experienced when I first had the bike. It cut out simply going down a hill slightly off throttle once as I tried to keep with in the 30 mph speed limit.

The increase in idle solved that.

A year later having fitted tor pipes instead of taking the SAI off and oxygen sensors in part because bike still in warrenty I did fit the booster plug. No question that has smoothed the fueling and she pulls lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HappyAl

HappyAl Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
    Hi Suffolkbumpkin I have read loads of good reviews of the booster plug. I think that's the way to go for me as I don't want to mess with it too much and just want the smoother running and it seems like a simple job to fit and I am simple

• Like Like x 1
  3. Suffolkbumpkin

Suffolkbumpkin Senior Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Ipswich
    5 minutes mate to fit if that, purchased mine from squaredeals, they were the cheapest and quick delivery.

The temp sensor is on a fairly long length of cable that gives you loads of placement options, for me though I placed it via cable ties on the strutt next to the ignition key, that way the cable hides itself under the seat and I get good clean air not effected by engine heat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. HappyAl

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
    Sounds good gonna try one at end of month when I get paid.

• Like Like x 1
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Al, you could try my 09' America tune it's on the tuneecu website ! My America had short open pipes no AIS and the air box was opened up a bit with K&N air filter. Raised HP by 6 or 7 at full throttle max rpm.
    Once you have it uploaded you need to adjust throttle cables No slack and then when Engine is warm/hot set idle.

Cheers capt.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. HappyAl

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
    Hi Capt thanks for the offer but I don't want to mess to much at this stage. I'm happy with the power at the moment just want her running a bit smoother. Cheers Happy Al

7. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

May 10, 2017
    Somerset
    I just fitted my booster plug to my T120 and am very impressed with it. Power delivery at stop-start speeds is much smoother, and also with deceleration. Anyone with a pillion passenger will welcome not being headbutted anymore with the standard Bonnie's tendency to be jerky on the throttle at low speeds. The motor seems to be stronger under acceleration too. I put the temperature sensor into the air intake snorkel which seems sensible seeing as it's the temperature of the air going into the engine that is the vital issue here. Every T120 should have this thing fitted ...there's no reason not to!

8. Broon

Broon New Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Southampton
    That’s exactly what I did on my 2014 America and it seemed to solve the problem.