Featured Absolutley Nothing To Do With Bikes.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Aug 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Obviously it is for that reason, it was said in context of a changing world o_O

• Like Like x 1
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    The saying I heard is
    "Not all Muslims are suicide bombers
    But all suicide bombers are Muslim"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Do Muslims eat cake and crayons like us???:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I agree with most of the facts stated. But I don't dislike anyone and I don't get involved in religions. As someone said terrorists are terrorists coming from Northern Ireland I grew up in the hatred regime but never could understand it as I talked to all. But I just like to be treated the same as any other person when filling up a ten thousand pound bike in decent bike gear flip front on my helmet open. Really most times I take my helmet of any way as it gives me a breather from wearing but to be refused petrol for just wearing it seem stupid
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #44 R_1000, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018

Matey I am sure you are not a hater. Everyone is expressing their views. Some a little harsh and some a little subtle.

We will all have differences of opinion but at the end of the day we all care about each other.

I am of Sri Lankan origin "Hindu". Those who don't know the Island....we are on the dark side of the skin:). I have been insulted, beaten and called names....Paki....get out of my country....the usual BUT they will never change my love I have for this country and to my fellow decent citizens. I chose not to recognize those who insulted me as Brits because that's not what England is all about. This country has given me freedom, identity, education and life. I will never be able to repay BUT I will live a decent life and be considerate to my fellow citizens.

My mum has drummed this story in my head:

A priest was walking down the road and spotted a scorpion drowning in a puddle of water. So the priest goes and picks it up and scorpion stung him and the priest dropped it back in the puddle. The priest picks the scorpion again and got stung and he dropped it back in the puddle. The 3rd time when the priest picks the scorpion ....the following conversation takes place....

Scorpion: Are you dumb? I stung you and you keep picking me up

Priest: Smiles....You my friend have a such a horrible attitude of hurting me when all I am doing is helping you. So when you cannot change your bad habit.......Why should I change my good habits

The moral of the story is that we cannot change our good nature because of horrible people out there ;)

We cannot change into monsters and stoop to their levels. We are stronger, civilized and better than those low life terrorists.

Love ya all :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    R-1000
    WOH
    Your MUM seems quite a clever Lady and your story quite true. My Mum was Catholic and my Dad was Protestant. They loved each other immensely and you could feel the warmth in our home neither would do anything without inviting the other. We as children were reared with respect and caring. And I feel it made me a better person. But I still wouldn't pick up a Scorpion.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  7. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #46 Red Thunder, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    If a wasp stings me or my family, I will know that when I see one next time I need to chase it with spray and a zapper and kill it before it hurts me or mine - even if it means finding and burning the nest
    We are less likely to get stung again

But if a bee that could inflict the same pain and discomfort can walk along my arm and not hurt me, I will respect it and leave it well alone and be willing to learn more about it.
    ...just sayin'

Back on subject...
    I have only been requested to remove my helmet once, at a very busy shell garage a good few years back during winter. I wasn't in a rush, I didn't want to take my gloves off or my helmet, so I stood there holding the pump handle looking at the cashier who had a long queue inside. As I was blocking two of the six pumps the queue inside got shorter while the cars backed up outside.
    I stood like that for a lemon holding my credit card for a good 10 mins before he activated the pump.
    I filled up and paid inside, he didn't say a word.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #47 Sprinter, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    This is a Christian country, honest, it is, if you read up on Christianity, you begin to see how deeply the teachings are embedded in our ways, ( just like Shakespearean sayings, and they are everywhere, arent they.)
    Religion is about me and my attitude to the world ,you cant catch it, and you shouldnt try spread it, You should be it.and let it grow, like the Priest with the Scorpion.(cheers R_1000 )
    There has never been a religious war because a true believer would not start a War in the name of religion, unfortunately many men have used the name to justify their fights.

The burka is a desert outfit.
    Is it the same as us wearing base ball caps in a country with no base ball? After all it is a head covering and Jewish, Christian, and Muslim, all say cover your head to respect.

https://www.quora.com/If-there-is-n...n-wearing-it-why-cant-they-accept-a-ban-on-it
    http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/women_dress_code_(P1150).html

All religions have a inner value to the individual and an outer value to society if done right, I think.

We UK born people can not come at this as the oppressed innocents, victims of a first strike. We have been in most Muslim countries taking over and blowing up for a very long time 1000 years and more. How do we question the motivation of an Afghan, who for 400 years have suffered unimaginable violent oppression and death,destruction in their country, and remember these are young men full of piss and vinegar as we were at that age. We must condemn the acts, and be careful not to assert our position, instead assert our beliefs. Chamberlain was a great hero because he tried for Peace.

Ive not been stung, possibly, cos Ive not chased wasps, and I rescued a few in my time, that doesnt make me a good man , perhaps a little wiser, who knows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I really don't mind what people wear and believe I knew some Irish / English I have made acquaintance with and woke up many mornings whilst in the Army of course but boy a burka would have saved my eyes and stomach love them. I just like to be treated fairly and the same as others if there's rules then they should be equal.
    Ride safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    'kin ell James, you been on the settee all afternoon with a bottle of JD Honey ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Thats not helpful:):):):)

12. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Theres only a little out of the top, IMG_20180815_172546184.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Thats was ( well bare in mind I wasnt there) fighting men fighting. All power hungry men will use any means to get the masses behind them. Sir Bruce Forsyth, used the catch phrase, same idea.

14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    To turn it around, I've never forgotten driving down the road in Saudi when a sign said "All non muslims turn here" basically weren't allowed any nearer to Mecca. Imagine something like that outside St Paul's or somesuch :)[/QUOTE]

Like the Falls Road? Celtic Park?

"All along along
    There were incidents and accidents
    There were hints and allegations"

Paul Simon.

15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Dont be confused by the light mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    If we get sucked into their Cunning ways, then this is how we will all end up riding ...... :confused:.

But hey.... Look at the bright side .... No one will ask us to take our lids off o_O

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    A Sikh biker must be a real conundrum for the forecourt staff.....:p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    I was recently told to take my helmet off whilst trying to pay for something in a local Co-op. I asked "Why should I do that when clearly I am queuing up to pay for my goods?". The shop-keeper replied quite bluntly "'Cause it's our policy and you need to remove your helmet. I'll serve you now but can I ask you to remove your helmet next time?". I replied "It may be your policy but it isn't law. You can ask me....but the answer will still be "no" I will not remove my helmet". I paid, took my stuff and walked out.

The ridiculousness of these helmet policies is that they can ask 'till they're blue in the face but a robber won't remove a helmet and clearly anyone offering to pay for goods and queuing patiently (most likely) isn't a robber, so the whole thing's a nonsense. In the queue stood a someone with hoody firmly pulled over his head. He wasn't asked to pull his hood down as they'd probably have received a few verbal profanities. One rule for law abiding bikers and another for everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Sorry mate, have to agree with shopkeeper on this one. With a full face helmet on, indoors and stood in a shop you look intimidating. I know i do. Only fair for the guy working in the shop to feel safe at work. Petrol station different, as the attendent knows you are on a bike and therefore have a reason to wear a helmet, but shopkeeper has no reference.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Paul Coupe

Paul Coupe Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Gloucestershire
    Well, I think that's immaterial imho. I am not doing anything unlawful, am being polite and clearly a threat to no-one. What's next on the "intimidating" list? A guy with an armful of tats in a singlet? Anyone over 6ft tall? There's lots of examples of what can be seen to be intimidating but its a personal thing. What one person finds intimidating, another doesn't. I could have been more intimidating to other shop customers when I used to occasionally pop into a shop when in full uniform. It's all about context. Shop keepers can ask and you are entitled to politely refuse. If policy is then not to serve you, the goods get left on the counter and you shop elsewhere. Its discrimination....robbers don't pay for goods, they blow in fast, steal and are out the door.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

It's even worse when you wear a flip up, and the assistant says can you remove your helmet Davy, I've lived in this small village all my life, but it's store policy and I can't really blame the assistant for doing what they've been ordered to do.

• Funny Funny x 1