Featured A warning

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Bognorgaz, Apr 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bognorgaz

Bognorgaz Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Chichester
    Hey guys, as you know I recently bought a 2009 triple, it turns out that it was in a dangerous state. Someone somewhere, stripped the threads on the headstock, cross threaded the nuts so tight it had to be an air gun that did it and generally left it in a shit state the px'd it quickly. The bike has since gone back to the dealer as this was the last straw in a big scheme of problems. The reg is GX09MKE. Please be aware of this bike and make sure it's been properly repaired if you choose to buy it.

• Like Like x 10
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    A warning well appreciated by all members, thanks for sharing Bognorgaz :D:D:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep good notification of the problems with this bike. Does make you wonder how a dealer can put a bike for sale with this sort of problem?
    Wessa

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The dealer might not have been aware, if the 'monkey' - sorry technician - covered his tracks ???

6. Dayoshir

Dayoshir Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Chorley
    I just bought a bike from a main dealer for swmbo and the indicator has fallen off! I don't think they check much lol

7. You should report this to VOSA telling them where the bike is currently (otherwise it will most likely show as "in trade" and not give an address). They can order that it is inspected by them prior to being sold on. Well done for the post, someone's life as well as their hard earned cash is at stake here after all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Jeez Gaz, sorry to hear that. I can promise you that if you were to buy pre-owned from Pure Triumph Woburn our GM is a demon technician, spends most of his time in the workshop and nothing gets past him - and our techs are shit hot too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Even when buying for dealers you have to be so careful, thanks for sharing this on the forum

10. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk