Featured Tiger 800 A Rural Rideout To The Ace & That New Tiger Screen

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Tone Walsh, Oct 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tone Walsh

Tone Walsh New Member

Dec 18, 2016
    March
    Hi, A good weather forecast yesterday (Friday 19th Oct) and a day off duties meant I could trial my theory that I could ride on my '16 Tiger 800 XRt from N.Cambs to the Ace Cafe on small rural roads. Well, until you hit Wembley - but then you're almost there. A bit of Basecamp wizardry and I was prepped.

At 08:30 a fellow refugee from work named Jimmy joined me on a spanking new Tiger XCa; a sly purchase he'd failed to share. The promise of good weather at this time of year is usually heralded by mist, and this was the case. In fact the first 30 miles were bloody awful; with the thick, wet mist condensing on my visor. I was having to continually wipe the visor clear, or lift it and suffer streaming tears. Jimmy could see (I couldn't) I was having issues and pulled along side to show (boast) that the newly designed Tiger screens deflect mist away from the rider, in particular the helmet. I never thought a slightly different screen could have such a dramatic difference.

Once the sun had burned the fog away, the route was a joy - followed by a Special Ace Cardiac Arrest Breakfast.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1