Featured A Real Love Story .

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Havit, Sep 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #1 Havit, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    I promised @Sandi T. I would tell my story on here, I know a few of you know my story but anyway here goes. .
    As some know , I have given up my job in Ireland and moved to kent.After 20 plus years of living there thinking I'm here until I retire and some good friends, made, But somthing happened that completely changed my life.
    The story starts when I was just 17
    I was In a Chinese takeaway with a friend when a girl walks in to get her order, my heart skipped, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, blonde, sexy, and a real eye catcher.
    I was so stuned,I couldn't say anything , as she left I could see she was blushing as she knew I was looking at her. I ask my friend if he knew her. He said he did as she went to his school . I asked him....well I begged him to ask her if she would like to meet me. Fortunately my luck was in ,she agreed. The first time I met her I was nervous and she was very shy, I can't remember much about it other than turning up on my Suzuki GT125 at her school and waiting outside, and her coming out of a different gate so I nearly missed her, luckily for me someone told her there's a bloke waiting for you on a motorbike at the other gate . When she turned up I was smitten . We were crazy about each other . She loved bikes and we went everywhere together on the bike, she looked stunning on the back of my bike, my mates were so jealous. I loved her madly. I upgraded my bike to a Honda Super dream 250 and life was good . PicsArt_11-06-11.27.06.jpg
    Things changed dramatically one evening when Donna was at mine and I had to take her home , we jumped on my bike and about 500 meters up the road was a set of traffic lights , as we approached they were red, before I stopped they changed to green .A car was coming towards me from the other side of the road as we came through the lights , the car turned into us at speed I remember the loud bang and being thrown though the air and landing on the foot path over the pedestrian barrier and Donna landing over me it was deadly quiet . I looked up and tried to move Donna was quiet. I asked her if she's ok , she said she couldn't feel her legs , I lifted my head to see my right leg looked like my foot was where my knee should be as I tried to move it the foot fell over and then the pain hit me as I had snapped the top of my leg and had landed on it and pushed the bottom of my leg upwards , the pain was unbearable. Donna was very quiet . Not knowing at the time the bottom of her leg had been smashed into 16 peices by the back shock of my bike . And her other leg was broken by smashing up against the pedestrian barrier before landing on me . Whilst we were laying there the car driver did a runner . He got a taxi to the next town , got drunk , the went to the police to report his car stolen , he had no tax or insurance on the car , The car was a write off , the front end was a complete mess , my bike was crushed on one side snapping the handle bars and a dent in the tank with a inner dent from my bone snapping . The rear shock that Donners leg hit was bent . A real mess.
    We were taken to hospital but Donna remembers thinking I was dead as I went quiet and they put a blanket over my head . I remember both of us in the ambulance, Donna saying she couldn't feel her legs and I was in so much pain , when we arrived we see no more of each other .I apparently died three times and they brought me round, I don't recall I was out .mum told me they put her in a room as they thought I wouldn't make it.
    Donna had all the broken bones plus internal injuries , she would never be able to have children and would have other complications that would affect her for the rest of her life . I was put in traction for months and Donna would end up having over 38 operations on her leg and more on her arm that had been damaged too . FB_IMG_1581632775419.jpg received_372253510138485.jpeg received_923648851351914.jpeg

During our stay in the hospital the staff used to wheel both of us into the TV room so we could talk , I felt so sorry for Donna as her leg was A mess, I know for a girl it would be hard for her. I felt responsible for her injuries even though I knew the driver was at fault . My next downfall was when I started getting pains in my side,it got worse and worse until the hospital sent me to another hospital for a scan that found I had a blood clot on my lung , It was put intensive care and on a drip to water my blood
    Down , I stayed on warfarin for weeks after . Then after what seemed like a life sentence I was allowed home but donna still had many more months in hospital to go. I wasn't mobile as everytime I got up the leg would swell , so I didn't see Donna.it wasnt like today with mobile phones.anyway out of the blue my parents got a phone call from Donna's mum , calling me all the names under the sun for doing this to Donna, apparently my parents and Donna's parents had a big bust up and we were both told we were never to see each other again.
    I was months before I could get around and as you can imagine Donna was in the same boat , so that was that . We never saw each other again. We both carried on life as best we could , Donna never worked and has a disabled badge , the front of her leg never joined together and with other internal problems she was never likely to live a normal life .she moved away and she got married I did the same , we both had bad marriages and we both devorced . Then around a year ago Donna found me on Facebook . She contacted me and said that the next time I'm in the UK to call in to her . I agreed . And i did just that . I turned up on my bike ,
    A lovely place out in the country near Yalding in Kent. When Donna opened the door I felt my heart jump.i see the Donna I knew when I was 17. Her smile was electric. It was a rush of emotions, I felt myself welling up inside. She said hello you, I could tell by her she was the shy young girl again. But grown up. We hugged , it was like neither of us wanted to let go.we finally did and she brought me in to meet her mother who now lives with her , I was a bit nervous of this because of the passed .Her mum stood up and said Hello with a hug . I sat down and had a coffee while we caught up with our life stories , Donna's marriage was bad, her husband had married her for her money, she had a big payout after the accident and he owed money everywhere. As soon as the money was spent he had a number of affairs and they were devorced on that ground . Her body language said alot , she was very nervous and suffered from anxiety. She asked me if I would like to look around . I said I would and Donna showed me her home , it was a lovely place with stables, garages and a barn , with a lovely English garden . We stopped in one of the stables which had a sofa in and she asked me to sit down.i said to her that I think she had done well for herself and I was glad. She said nerveusly, how would you like to share all this with me ? I was taken back .....I was glad I was sitting down . She said you was my first love and I want you to be my last . What could I say....I said that would be nice but I work and live in Ireland ? . She said think about it , I'll wait as long as it takes .I think we both knew we were never going to be split again , it was too intense between us , I stayed until near midnight talking . When I left we hugged and I promised her I'll be back , I was within a week .when I told my mum I met Donna she was over the moon, she said Donna was the only girl who really changed me . You both deserve each other after what you both went through ,
    It's now just over a year since our meet. We are Engaged and I'm now living in the UK .we are both very happy, Donna can't go on my bike as if we had another accident she would lose her leg but I know if she had the chance she would.i love her like mad and I know she does me. 37 years have passed since our accident, and I must admit it changed both our life's but it also brought us back together again . FB_IMG_1595320142734.jpg

received_512470720277006.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 64
    • Like Like x 25
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thank you, Wayne, for sharing Donna's and your story with us. What an unbelievably amazing tale--it brought tears to my eyes. I'm am so happy for the two of you that you have one another again. You certainly deserve it after all you've both been through. Such a beautiful and happy ending out of such tragedy. :heart::heart::heart: :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    What a wonderful story, Wayne. Couldn't be happier for you.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Lovely story, good luck to you both :):)

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Absolutely brilliant Wayne I’m chuffed to bits for you both :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Cheers Wayne glad your back together.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ChrisJHuff

ChrisJHuff Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2020
    County Durham
    having broken my leg twice - the second time on my bike - I really feel for you and what you have both lived through

your story goes to show that some relationships are simply meant to be... be happy the pair of you.... somehow I have a feeling you will be 8)
    C

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Fantastic story Wayne.

It’s great that after all the years apart you’ve found each other and your feelings for each other are still as strong as they were all those years ago.

I hope that life will be kind to you both and you enjoy many years together :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Nice one Wayne, I know you told me the story when we were at Loomies last time but its good to see the pictures!

All the very best to the both of you :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    What an absolutely amazing story. Delighted for you both :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. pistonbroke

pistonbroke Senior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Lancashire
    Wow......it’s dusty in here :blush:

I wish you all happiness mate for you and Donna. None of know what’s round the corner so seize your happiness whilst you can.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    A superb and heart warming story Wayne. I'm really pleased for you both and wish you every happiness for the future :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Noble Member

Apr 7, 2019
    Kidderminster
    Brilliant story, I'm very pleased for you, congratulations to you both.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    What a wonderful story - you two were destined to be together. Live life to the full and be happy. Really superb - all the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Erling

Erling Elite Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Norway
    Wow. Wow. I'm very, very happy for both of you, Wayne. I wish you all the best.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    #16 Judd Dredd, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    It’s just a brilliant bit of
    reading and I know the story already but there’s the proper one out there for everyone......

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Beautiful Wayne, got tears in me eyes reading your hard separation but happy ending. So happy for you :heart::sun:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Very, very moving Wayne. Glad you both found happiness in the end. One thing........you have probably said but I presume the driver was caught?

• Like Like x 5
  20. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Havit
    As you probably know i can't tell a lie. So here i am sitting here with a big tear in both eyes. Your story touched me so much. I really am glad you and Donna found each other again and i can see the love around you both. Look after each other and be happy forever.
    God Bless
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1