Featured Thruxton A new sofa for Mrs. dickydido

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by dickydido, Apr 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    .....many of you will have read on here that Mrs dickydido had fit of madness earlier this year and bought me a Bobber......and what a brilliant machine that is.....

......well, I thought it only right that I did something really special for her in return......so today I went out and bought her a new 'sofa'.......and here it is....meet 'Chester' (field)

IMG_2203.JPG

.......since getting the Bobber my Thruxton has been stood loved, but neglected in the garage.......both the Bobber and Thruxton are mono posto machines so I reasoned that something very different was needed in 'the stable' and this certainly is very different, so today, it was with a heavy heart that the Thruxton was px'd against Chester......

.......but it does mean that I can now drag Mrs dickydido out for a spin again after 5 years away from motorbike riding.........to get her on a bike the bike must be mega comfortable, not too fast and with plenty of storage room for handbag and any other girlie stuff she just can't be without........amongst the other bits and pieces I haggled into the deal I squeezed in a new Schuberth flip front helmet for her, all her other riding kit is all OK so come next week when Chester arrives we'll be straight out for a spin.....hopefully it'll be sunny and we can go find a nice little country pub to toast the new arrival.....

Cheers,

dickydido

PS:.........guess I'll be spending more time down in the Thunderbird section now!..........

• Like Like x 10
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    That's if we let you join our select group of enlightened riders :D
    Nice one on the LT.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    make sure it gets a 12v power take off for her hair dryer (no not lambretta!) that way she really will feel special!

• Like Like x 3
  4. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Think the LT has it already

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Nice one. And well noted that you've thoughtfully given Mrs dickydido lots of chrome to polish.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Yipee! that means the camper van will be free for me to take to The South of France after all.
    What does it do to the gallon, I'll start saving!

• Like Like x 2
  7. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Tigcraft,

......as Gary said.....already has a power socket in one of the bags......I'll be able to get my Honda EX 30 genny in the other bag for her!.......

Cheers,

dickydido

• Like Like x 1
  8. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Rich,

......gotta keep her 'wrist action' slick, quick and smooth some how!!!.....

Cheers,

dickydido

• Like Like x 1
  9. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Mick,

........never mind saving.....just keep dreaming!......tee hee!......

Cheers,

dickydido

• Like Like x 2
  10. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Gary,

.....I'll try not to cause too much trouble......there's bound to be a lot of questions on 'how do I do that' kinda thing......Chester arrives at our place sometime next week...........so are there any write ups / reviews / blogs / videos ( about the LT ! ) that you'd recommend me to gen up on before then?.....

Cheers,

dickydido

11. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Andy....

......'fight fire with fire' they say!........'darling, thank you for my lovely bike.....so I've bought you one as well'......fairs fair don't you think?......lol.......

Cheers,

dickydido

12. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Not really. Only thing I hate about it was the OEM tyres. Avon Cobras or Michelin Commanders seem to be the tyres of choice for many riders.
    Not sure what comes on the LT as OEM. When it comes to tyre changing time it's the rear that seems to take forever to get off.
    The LT doesn't have alloys on it but keeping the rear wheel looking nice can be a pain due to poor access thanks to the exhausts. They do tend to get in the way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Gary....

...thanks for the tyre info.....

.....it's only done 1,765 miles from new.....and it's a 2014 bike!......it's been a real 'garage queen'.......it's like a new one but with extras already fitted.........and a fantastic price saving.

.....anyway, I was checking the tyres and saw the rear was brand new.....I asked the dealer what that was about and he said the previous tyre was already squared off so they changed it, first owner was not a 'corner demon' they said..........plus they had put a brand new battery in it......all services completed on time rather than distance as per the book.......they actually sold this bike from new and they have a full history of it........so it'll have to wait a while yet for a set of Avon Cobras......

Cheers,

dickydido