A Metaphorical Wobble

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DanielB, Jun 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Good Man.......you won't regret it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Oh yes and yesterday I chickened at 214 miles and filled up. Fuel light still not on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Who could possibly not like Caspian blue?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Bloody typical...decision made...and the bike wouldn't bloody start this morning!

tut...

:triumph:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Woops!
    You ok on the reason for a ' failure to proceed'?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Bless you for asking....

I am quite certain that the battery will be empty, and that likely because of an earlier thread I made regarding whether I had a 'battery or alternator' issue. My testing from that was that my stator was giving out enough volts, and - after a quick fix- so was the rectifier. However in the interim, pre fix, I likely knackered the battery - or at over 3 years old I'm due a new one anyway.

So this is in the post: https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/triump...3/picture/battery_motobatt_sealed_high_torque

Looking at Wemoto website I was considering rigging up a connector to the battery to easily plug in my trickle charger? Save removing the seat each time? Any thoughts!?

If I did I was thinking connect the connector to battery positive and 'the frame'? That's what I attach the charger to? Was thinking along the lines of these:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-1...632733?hash=item4b0357cc1d:g:2bkAAOSwPK1ZT5AD

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    The Tamiya connector is exactly what I use on my Tiger...though I've simply connected it to positive and negative terminals.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    The Tamiya connector is exactly what I use on my Tiger...though I've simply connected it to positive and negative terminals.
    I use an optimate and it does indeed come with an sae lead....for various reasons I already had the Tamiya type leads on both bikes and being lazy simply stuck adaptors on the same leads.
    On my tbird the lead also doubles to power a satnav when needed....double usb connector also lets me charge my phone at the same time.
    On the tiger of course there's already a Hella socket.

• Agree Agree x 1