A Couple Of Annoying Niggles I Cannot Fix....

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Shaun Lee, Mar 8, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shaun Lee

Shaun Lee Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Manchester
    Hi Guys

I have a couple of really annoying issues on my 2002 Speed triple, any advice would be appreciated..

1 My electronic speedo is erratic, sometimes it works and sometimes not, staying at 0 MPH, I have recently changed the magnetic bushing inside the front wheel but same problem...

2 The engine light keeps showing and recording a Fuel sensor high fault code, I changed the fuel sensor (£90) but still get the same error...

Anybody had similar issues? Bike runs great but these recurring faults are driving me mad..

2. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

Never had this problem on the triumph, but had a similar speedometer issue with a Kawasaki. It ended up being the back wheel abs sensor that would confuse itself and mess with the speed readout. I noticed it because the sensor seemed excessively far away from the ring when compared to the front pickup. Not sure how it worked so long before as didn’t look like it took damage.