A CBT and a scooter is all I need ...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Thruccy Sean, Mar 14, 2017.

1. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    NOOOOO not Doris...hahah

Something will definitely turn up especially with the Bobber, Street Cup and Street Scrambler all coming out soon!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thruccy Sean

Thruccy Sean Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Thanks, Gloria, I'll get there. Just wish there was a few more of them available to buy that aren't a million miles away that's all. I do like the hunt though at least.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    The right one would have the be black though :p

4. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
  5. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
  6. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    That makes sense...although it has had a load of money spent on it! Almost a shame that there's nothing left for you to fiddle around with! Its certainly not black either!

7. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Ha! Yeah certainly not black, it's a good looking bike though. The age concerns me, (although my bike of the same age runs fine) but then again that wasn't 5k+ to buy. Plus this yellow one is at least a full day out for me to go and see it before I bid; which I don't really have between now and the auction ending.

That's why I'm a bit cheesed off the red one didn't work out, was pretty much round the corner. Never mind.

8. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Autotrader guy has made contact!

9. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Aha - contact! I've been getting your emails but sounds like there was a issue with autotrader. I asked them to look into it and, touch wood, we can now converse ;) Here's my original email if you are still interested:

Hi Sean, thanks for your interest. You can see the small dent in the 3rd image. It's on the end of the can towards the exhaust exit. I can take some other photos tomorrow if you can't see it? I've actually just discounted the price from £5295 so consider this a real bargain. I'm loathed to go further at the moment. You're more than welcome to come for a viewing. If no one snaps it up in next 3 weeks I'll consider my options...

Kind regards,

• Like Like x 2
  10. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    That's good...are you going to take a look? You always said red was your favourite colour!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Yep tomorrow morning on my way into work I'll be taking a look :)

I do like a red Thruccy!

12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm Going to throw a spanner in the works here, Are you going to be using it for commuting? Just something to think about.

13. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    That was the plan, commuting as well a fun/social. Might pick up a scooter or something for me and the girlfriend to use as well/or if the weathers bad.

14. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    Good luck in the morning! Let us know how you get on!

We have a little Vespa that we share for nipping to the shops on which is great! So cheap to run!

15. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Well ....

I actually turned up 'not' wanting to like the bike. I knew deep down I still really wanted a black one. All last night and this morning I thought to myself the moment I see it that's when I'll just know if I like it or not.

As I pulled up on my 125 I was greeted by the seller, an extremely pleasant man wearing a Triumph jacket (the bikes only owner since new - it's 5 years old.)

The signs were good. But it was the bike I needed to see ...

As we walked to where the bike was I could see it peaking at me through some railings. I still wasn't sure. It's red after all. So much red.

It wasn't until I saw the whole of the bike out in the open and right in front of me that I thought ......

'IT LOOKS AMAZING!!'

• Like Like x 1
  16. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Keep the faith my friend ;):D:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    So yeah, it looks fantastic. Obviously in my mind I'm already picturing losing the towel rail off the back, fitting a tail tidy, smaller bullet indicators and different mirrors, I'm also not fond of the fly screen but all this stuff can be done in the months ahead.

The bike looks in seriously good condition. No signs of rust, it's been kept in a garage when not in use. Tread on the tyres looks good. It's apparently already had it's 12k service (it's done just under 10k) as the seller says it's done on age of the bike? I know the place where it's had all it's services, I've shopped there before. No marks on the tank or any of the paintwork. Chain looks in good knick. Fired it up and sounds lovely. There's a slight ding on the end of the right can, but it's barely even a concern (especially if I end up swapping the cans over anyway.)

Sat on the bike with the engine running, feels like a good fit.

Only thing it'll need probably in the next few months the owner said is fresh pads for the rear brake. This came up in the last service. The guy has the pads which he would give me if I bought it.

Also I believe it's important who you buy from. It tells me a lot and trust me, this guy 'seems' like the ideal kind of person you'd want to buy something from. A little bit nerdy (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) very meticulous. He has all the service papers, owned it since new, clearly looked after it and it's been kept in a garage when not in use, and the price is right. It's just under 5k. Better than alright actually considering it's cheaper than anything else I've looked at, I also think I'd struggle to find something that's in this good condition. It does tick all the boxes and it 'feels' like a good deal.

Reason for selling, he's bought a street twin and needs this to sell this to help pay for the rest of it.

Before I saw the bike I didn't know if I would be disappointed if I missed out on it. Sitting here now writing this, I would feel like I had missed out should it be sold.

I want it.

Said let me get though my Mod 2 tomorrow, and then I'll be in touch :) I'm excited.

18. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ha I wrote a post that asked all the questions you just answered in your last post! I think sometimes you know when something is right, happened with my Doris, I pretty well bought her over the phone just going by the guys ad and a conversation with him. Best of luck tomorrow. Fingers crossed all will be good.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thruccy Sean

Mar 14, 2017
    Wallington, Surrey
    Cheers crispey. Is that right what the guy says about the 12k service then? I did bring it up but he said it also went on age of the bike so in effect he's already had it done?

Tyres and spokes looked clean and tidy. I didn't check under the exhaust link pipe but that's something I can do should I go back.

And yes, you do just know when it's 'feels' right. His ad, his emails AND meeting him face to made me think this is the type of person you want to buy something from. The way he went about things is the way I would do them.