A 1965 Bonnie

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by wan, Oct 8, 2021.

1. wan

wan New Member

Oct 8, 2021
    yorkshire uk
    Hi im new here ,im restoring a 1965 bonnie ,have been able to source parts quite easily but the only petrol tanks i can find are from india they are not expensive so am dubious about quality has anyone any experience good or bad of parts from there cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    In my, admittedly limited, experience of buying bike parts from India they share their quality control handbook with China.
    I am sure India (and even China) produces great quality products of a high standard, but I have had several unacceptable purchases, so I steer well clear now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    i havent answered this becausr i have no personal experience. but what people say is that it depends on the manufactuter. there are several indian tank suppliers that do good work- quality construction, stuff fits.

there are others that do sloppy welding and send a tank with holes that dont match up or curvature that doesnt fit the tank badges.

keep asking around, and someone will eventually steer you to the good suppliers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    ah

look at royal choppers and pummy8081.

both are said to do good work

• Like Like x 1
  5. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    Along time ago{2020?}
    This bike came up for sale. The bidding went up to a point the owner made a statement, something like "its nothing special". "Slimbo" was just his minalmist project...
    upload_2021-11-10_20-6-47.jpeg
    Anyone seen or own it?

• Like Like x 1