99 Daytona 955i Tune Ecu *help*

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by BobbyD90, Mar 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BobbyD90

BobbyD90 New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I’ve got a tickover issue and a quite significant flat spot on my 99 Daytona (aftermarket ‘fuel’ can), I’ve been reading up on this and it sounds like I need to reset my map with TuneECU? Only I’ve managed to download the main programme but can’t find my map through the programme itself even though I can through My documents, is there anyone that could possibly tell me a step by step process, maybe I’m doing something wrong? Failing that is there anywhere I could take it to locally for them to sort the issue? Do triumph dealerships do this sort of thing? I’m From Preston,Lancashire (North West) any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    I've only used Tune ECU for the Bonneville and downloaded the correct programme sent to me by Triumph Twin Power for my exhaust/induction set up.
    Not sure why you can see your map in documents and not the programme itself but others may be along to help with this.
    Triumph dealers will only have maps for exhaust changes and only then for their own (TORS) and Arrows.

3. BobbyD90

BobbyD90 New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Steve

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Bobby, the symptoms you describe sound like you may have a problem with the IACV which is the device that controls idle and fuelling.

Assuming your bike has one, it'll be located near or fixed onto the air box. These devices work by vacuum and sometimes the rubber tubes split, and/or the solenoid gets dirty and jams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. BobbyD90

BobbyD90 New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks thebiglad, i’ll Have a look later today and see what I can find

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    If the pipes are leaking, you could do as I did - I bought 1mtr of silicone hose of the correct diameter and replaced all the old pipes with lengths cut from the new stuff. It cost about £3-4.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BobbyD90

BobbyD90 New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Will do, thank you!

8. BobbyD90

BobbyD90 New Member

Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Checked the Ivac and hoses and all is good, I’m now convinced it’s just down to my Ecu needing a nap update. I’d really appreciate and guidance with the tune Ecu programme

9. David Price

David Price New Member

Nov 7, 2020
    CHORLEY
    Hi, See your Preston way and yes this is an old post. Did you resolve the issues you had - I have the same problems and located in Chorley.