955i Fuel Pump Connections

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by swampy61, Apr 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    As a slight aside swampy... personally, I don't think it is necessary to change the couplers anyway...

I get that they are a weak point. And...should they fail, then replace with upgrades...but whilst I enjoyed doing it ....it certainly wasn't necessary. That's my take on it at least.

If you are strapped for cash, you can have my old plastic tank couplers if needed....

• Like Like x 1
  2. swampy61

swampy61 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    Thanks that would be really useful as a stopgap ...
    I think I am going to have to upgrade last weekend it developed a leak from one connection which has now become a 6 foot unleaded fountain when I turn the ignition on !

3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Now, I don't mean to be mean...I am only reflecting on myself... if I posted that I would have purposefully left out the bit where I say that...."I was fiddling with it....and now it leaks" :rolleyes:

So what happened to make it leak? Any ideas? Was it knocked? Is it cracked? Maybe it is simply the tuppunce rubber seal?

4. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    If you want the plastic couplers, pm me your address.... I'll also try and dig out some rubber seals if I have any....

• Like Like x 2
  5. swampy61

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire

6. swampy61

Mar 29, 2020
    Shropshire
    #26 swampy61, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    I had the tank off to change airfilter , and did replace the seals when I refitted it , have never had an issue when doing this before.I have had it 14 years and regularly tamper with it normally without turning it into an ornamental garden feature lol