955 Mirrors

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DanielB, Nov 11, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    ...I have always felt a little irked by the mirrors on my 2002 T3... They either don't look right on the bike (or I simply can't find any I like) or they don't show me what I need to see!

Not sure I like bar-ends...do they feel "natural" to use? Are they big enough to be useful (the actual mirror part)? Do they make the handlebars look to ungainly?

Not sure "stem" mirrors look any good...and any I have seen/used don't give a great rear view unless you put them on extenders on extenders....by which time they look daft!

It is always either "form over function"
    or
    Function but look cr@p.

was wondering what mirrors others have as I am looking for inspiration, not my elbows!

So...show us what you've got!

(Bad photo of current mirrors attached).

Mirrors.PNG

2. Geoff Butler

Geoff Butler Never too old for Biking!

Apr 5, 2021
    Hampshire & Powys
    #2 Geoff Butler, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Hi Dan,

Personally, I like bar end mirrors and am even considering putting them on my Daytona T595 when I fit standard Street Fighter style bars (still waiting for CNC Top Yokes to be delivered!).

Mind you, your bike looks nice with the current mirrors anyway in my opinion.

Here’s my Street Cup with the original Triumph bar end mirrors but fitted to Renthal 758 bars.

6AFD59FC-9DF9-4E3B-893A-48537BBBD603.jpeg

3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Thanks Geoff...that's a nice endorsement... And I like your street cup...bar ends suit it more, I think...

I have ordered some other mirrors today, as I was bored...will see what comes of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gurgly Bogs

Gurgly Bogs New Member

May 24, 2019
    Cheltenham, UK
    I originally put length extenders onto the stock mirrors. It gives the best view, but looks like the bike has antennae.
    Then I went with some cheapo mirrors that I liked the look of, but could only see my elbows, so I had to add extenders. I think this looks sort of OK, but I'm also tempted to try bar ends to see what they look like.

PXL_20211107_141458877_small.jpg

PXL_20210526_133721933_small.jpg

IMG_20200830_122254_small.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    #5 DanielB, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    @Gurgly Bogs thanks...that's exactly where I was at too! I ended up having extenders on extenders...so I could see round my elbows and agree...it looked like ungainly antennas!

Funnily enough those rectangular mirrors are what I've just ordered! I wonder now, I may need those extenders now as well!!

It seems odd to me that so many mirrors seem to be the "same same but different", as in, they all look different but they all give the same view...as opposed to some better functional mirrors!

To my mind, the mirrors do not need to be on higher and higher stalks. Merely slightly wider. Width does not need height! But it seems a misnomer!?

That combined with limited actual measurements on listings (why would you not detail the left/right reach of mirrors I just don't know!) makes all this a PITA!

What are those little extenders? Link or details? Thanks!

6. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I’ve got a Speed Triple 1050 RS and when I first looked at buying it I didn’t like the bar end mirrors. I asked the dealer whether he could get the Street RS mirrors to fit it. He came back and suggested he could but it would be pretty expensive. So I thought, leave it as it is and if I can’t live with them I’d would change later. Well, as I’ve used the bike I’ve just forgotten about making the change. The bar end mirrors do work well and they are staying. Don’t even think about it now. I look in the mirrors, not at them…

7. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Thanks @Oldskool that's an interesting way of looking at it and will factor it in!

8. Gurgly Bogs

Gurgly Bogs New Member

May 24, 2019
    Cheltenham, UK
    I can't remember where I got them from now - too long ago. But I think they might be 'Ryde mirror extenders', or similar. A quick google for 'motorcycle mirror extenders' shows a lot of similar products.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    @Gurgly Bogs I got those little extenders...I already knew they existed as I have bought them at least twice before (and returned them!) I just forgot!

I think, see photos, that I am happy with this....at least that is, until I forget I am ok with this and ask the same question again in about 18 months time! o_O

Thanks all...

Ride safe.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG