900 Triple Misfire When Warm

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by James Rafferty, Oct 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. James Rafferty

James Rafferty New Member

Oct 14, 2019
    Uk
    Hi, anyone ever had a major misfire after the bike starts to warm up? I’ve cleaned and reset the carbs, new coils, new pick-up coil, new HT leads, new plugs, battery good, reset valve clearances etc etc. I’m coming to the conclusion there can’t be much left!

2. dammag

dammag New Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Possible air leak on the inlet side?

3. James Rafferty

Oct 14, 2019
    Uk
    The inlet gasket on the first carb has been pinched in two places. I did wonder about it but didn’t think it’d effect it only when warm. Will do a temporary seal on it and see if it makes a difference. Cheers Dammag

4. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I had a similar experience in Lithuania a year ago, I tried most things that you have done and eventually had to ride back to the UK, OK at tick over and bearable at over 60 mph although worrying!!
    More time and more stripping down and I found that one carb needle had worn through and dropped down, the other two were almost as bad.

5. James Rafferty

Oct 14, 2019
    Uk
    Jesus, that’s a long way to ride with a knackered carburettor! Fair play to you. I’ve pretty much got a reconditioned bike that will have a wire burning out somewhere no doubt!