765 765 Street Triple Luggage Rack And Grab Rail

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by RobDaBiker, Sep 26, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RobDaBiker

RobDaBiker Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hello Trumpet types, Renntec Rob here. We have had the new 765cc Street Triple in the workshop recently and have developed a new luggage rack and a grab rail for the bike. Going into production now, so a couple of months until they are on the market.
    Great bike, I like it a lot.
    Who's in for one of these?

• Like Like x 2
  2. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Here is a couple of pics for you guys.

Grab Rail resize.jpg

Luggage rack Resize.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. mark scarrott

mark scarrott Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2015
    burntwood
    Hi Rob

tried to get a rack for my street triple RX and can't find anything.

Can you help?

Mark

4. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
  5. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    The R has a standard tail, the RX has the Daytona tail. So maybe a rack for the Daytona may fit.

6. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Ah, thanks for that info. I thought it was, unfortunately then... we don't have one for the Daytona or indeed the Rx. Sorry about that. :)

7. team FTB

team FTB New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Thailand
    Nice to see your rack for these bikes. I am always conscious about securing loads on the back of these bikes. Can you elaborate on how the rack is fastened to the subframe and how many attachment points? Do you have to drill the plastic to access bolt holes?

8. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hello there,

There are 2 options in fitting this rear rack/grab rail. You can purchase the pre-drilled Triumph undertray (about £50) or simply drill the existing undertray.
    The rear sub frame has 4 x M8 threads for the purpose of mounting luggage. These are easily accessed. The OE undertray has the 4 points marked clearly so it is a super simple job to do (and saves £50 right?)
    If you ever wanted to remove the rack, it is quite easy to buy grommets/plastic plugs etc that will easily and discreetly fill the holes.

9. team FTB

team FTB New Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Thailand
    Thank you for the concise answer. Very much appreciate it and comforting to know that there are four M8 threads to utilize. That was my concern that there would need to be tapping of the subframe to utilize your racks.

10. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    No problem at all. Happy to help. Yes, 4 x M8 bolts will make it a strong piece of kit as well. Sometimes we are limited by what we have to work with, in this case the designers clearly though about it. Drilling the odd bit of plastic is ok, as manufacturers we would not make something that was difficult to fit and involved heavy modifications.
    We should have these ready for sale really soon. Next few weeks.. Keen an eye on the Renntec site.
    www.renntec.com

11. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    These Grab rails and luggage racks are going into stock this week. Hopefully tomorrow 05.12.17
    Roll up, roll up!
    I will post a link to the pages on here when they are live on our website.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
  13. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
  14. daryl mead

daryl mead New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    braintree essex
    Hi Rob would there be any chance of the carrier being welded on in the opposite direction ie so that the rack overhangs the pillion seat? I don't carry a passenger on tour so I would rather my luggage didn't overhang the back of the bike. Thanks Daryl

15. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Hi there Daryl,
    No, sorry. They are made up in jigs so not really possible to alter just the one rack. It could be done at home with some basic fabrication skills and a welder..
    Are you looking to mount a box or just soft luggage? If just soft luggage then a tail pack/roll bag on the seat would suffice? Get a grab rail as an extra bungee mounting loop?
    Rob

16. daryl mead

daryl mead New Member

Feb 7, 2018
    braintree essex
    Thanks for the reply Rob. I am able to do the fabrication work and all your suggestions are viable I'm just being a bit lazy and a bit precious about my pristine pillion seat!

• Like Like x 2
  17. RobDaBiker

Mar 7, 2017
    Dorset
    ha, yes, I understand. If you removed the powder coat, angle ground (carefully) the luggage platform and re weld as required (we use MIG, it's 19mm mild steel tube) and then re-paint/powder coat that would work.
    There's always one that has to be different... :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. topdec

topdec Member

May 30, 2018
    Farmington Minnesota
    #18 topdec, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Rob, when checking out, I don't see US in the country list. Is it possible to ship to Minnesota? I need to get the luggage rack soon so I'll order it from Eb#@ or Ama@#$. But it would still be good to know for future reference if you deliver to the US.