765 765 Rs Misfire At High Rpm’s

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Angus, Jul 21, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Has any 765RS owners experienced any misfire at high rpms ? I was out on my 765 Sunday morning and at one stage I opened up in 4th gear only to notice that the bike was not pulling the way it should. I could also hear a distinct change in the engine tone. It was intermittent. This happened throughout 4th and 5th gear. I am busy arranging to take it in to my dealer to run diagnostic but thought I’d ask other owners if they experienced similar?

Fuel is 95 Octane, filled at my usual garage, no other vehicles I own filled at the same garage have shown any problem thus far, so for the moment at least I will dismiss bad fuel. Temperature was normal, something else I briefly noticed whilst this happened was what seemed like an error on the speedo reading, almost as if it jumped from high to low on the speed reading. It was literally split seconds but I could have sworn it jumped. Electronics perhaps?