$74 "drop"

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Old phart phred, Oct 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Snapped a bar end mirror bracket for a street triple, my bike fell over while parked on firm ground. I am careful about this as i have learned, wiggled the bike on the stand before i left and seemed fine, but it was in a 30 mph crosswind with 40-50 mph gusts. An hour later the kickstand had wiggled it's way through the soil, i assume with help from the wind forces, and bike is laying on the ground. Attempted to pick it up but had no luck by myself, got some help and the kickstand pulled up a 5" diameter plug of soil. No other damage to bike and the rubber mounted turn signal straightened out.

1570918676518201440090.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

That’s annoying! Thankfully the drop didn’t ding something really expensive.

3. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    Clutch lever has a slight tweak. Can't just buy the $30 bracket that is not left or right side specific, you have to buy the whole $74 mirror assembly. This bracket is common to the street triple, speed triple, thruxton r, speed club, and one of the bobbers, could be more just didn't see them in the showroom. There is also a similar curved bar end bracket. Damage could have been worse, but it took the brunt of it, and kept many parts safe in this slow fall incident.

• Like Like x 2