73 T140 Restoration

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Robby Ashe, May 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robby Ashe

Robby Ashe New Member

Apr 29, 2021
    Oklahoma, United States
    I’m looking for parts and service in Oklahoma for my bike. It was my dads 73 t140 bonnieville I rescued it from a shed.

489109DC-A3C1-4CEB-9505-B21A3D1D28A8.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    I can't help you there, but a great project!
    Good luck and post pictures of your progress, if you will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    You've taken on a BIG project there - at first glance it looks like the only original T140 parts are the engine and frame! But, as it was your father's machine, then it will be a worthy memorial to restore it.

I can't give you any leads to Oklahoma based suppliers but do know, from experience, that the "go to" supplier for British bike parts in the US is Baxter's in Iowa and, in your shoes, I'd be starting there with a purchase of the relevant workshop manual.

https://www.baxtercycle.com/

I hope you manage to find the parts - and the inspiration - to restore the bike to something like original and keep us all updated on your progress. The last time someone came onto the forum seeking information about US stocks of (Tiger Cub) parts I managed to source for him a NOS pipe for a Trials type Cub. That was the last we heard of him and the restoration - turned out he was a restoration business and, clearly, he just wanted the fast track to source parts for which he knew neither the availability or value! I try not to take it too personally but I'd called in a few favours with an American friend to get the pipe sourced and got nothing in return ..... not that I particularly wanted anything more than, maybe, to see a progress report or two, a picture of the completed machine, a sense, perhaps, of shared involvement in restoring a piece of Triumph history?

Good luck with your project and do, please, let us know how you get on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Robby Ashe
    Welcome to the family. Great intro and fantastic picture. Do keep us all in the loop as to the rebuild. And best of British luck Mate.
    Joe.

5. Iron

Iron Guest

Robby, welcome to the club. Fair stick of work there my man but all do-able. It looks like a CH numbered engine, that's March 1973 and very well used in those years since then.
    Parts are fairly easily obtainable over the interweb these days but it's gonna take a VERY large service to get that running. It's gonna be a total rebuild and expensive in parts but will require very very deep pockets if all done by a garage.
    Best of luck, climb into it and let us know how you are getting on.

• Agree Agree x 1