69 120r

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Tibster, Feb 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tibster

Tibster Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    Not sure about going to any concours type events , that certainly wasn't my plan at the start , but I am finding myself more ocd

Hoping to pick up my front guard later today so wheel on time :) . I seemed to have managed to sort the wiring out at last with a little help from a mate Hugh . I finished the last conections today , I blew 3 fuses trying to sort the flippin cheap crap repro lucus bulb holders in the headlight bowl seems they show continuity on a multi meter until a bulb is fitted ! Sorted now though , I have fully working lights and even a spark at the plugs :)
    Quick question what oil should I be putting in the primary and also the forks ? can it be the same ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    I use Silkolene 20/50 classic in the primary and engine, 20W fork oil (mineral) and 90 gear oil in box :) well done sorting the electrics as they are always a shit job lol, i'm half way through Su's electrics, just a few wires in h/lamp and engine will be ready for first startup.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    cheers ! electrics was a balls ache , I hadnt realised you had to make up the odd lead just thought I have a new loom with conectors on and that the would all hook up ! man thoses little bulb holders are shite , I ended up having to solder a bit more solder on the end of the tiny bulb as the contact is fork shaped and not contacting . Sounds like yours is progressing very well .

• Like Like x 1
  4. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Well done :), sadly most repo parts are crap these days.

5. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    #285 Tibster, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Your not wrong there !

Well I finally got my front guard re striped and was able to get the wheel on at long last . My brother gave me a hand to lift the bike of my improv stand and glad to say she is on her wheels for the first time in many a year .

30FA359D-77C1-48EB-BE25-BF4CD7A4FFEC.jpeg

DFBC4B3C-6135-4CC0-A7CF-8326CEEBF6AE.jpeg

3EA01FB8-5EA4-4C78-9BB3-77D628990E0B.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    #286 Tibster, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Pushed out my workshop tonight and gave her a tickle :):)

well Itried to upload a start up vid but file to big so bit stumped

• Like Like x 1
  7. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Out for a ride then :)

8. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    #288 Tibster, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Might have to do a quick illegal dash up the village , just round the drive so far :) .

Excuse terrable camera work! Now I have signed up to the above I will have another go when completely finished .
    Job list is setting smaller thankfully ..
    Re route front brake as switch gets trapped between tank on lock ,dont ask how I know .
    Secure clutch cable possible re route as burnt the fecker on my exhaust :mad: on lock

Slight knock /clonk when sationary with font brake applied and rock bike , seems there is a little movement on front brake plate where it locates on lug . Maybe thats normal ?
    Wire up front brake light .
    Sort seat fit , still not happy too big a gap between seat and tank .
    One silencer sits higher when viewed from the rear by maybe 25mm might need to oval bracket holes .
    Look at throttle cables , seems to rev up slightly on lock affecting tick over if bars move .

Apart from the above think she is nearly there , sounds great and so far starts 1st kick ! Chuffed !

• Like Like x 2
  9. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Brake plate can clonk on fork leg, do you have 97-3682 and 97-2270 bracket and clip on right hand fork leg for the brake cable, clutch cable goes under tank on right hand side :), throttle cables should go through the hole in h/light mount and down right of frame and the pair split just above the coils and yes play with the mount holes to move one up and the other down :)

10. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    Yes have the l bracket and clip , I just need to re route through the headlight area as the adjuster will rub paint off rh headlight bracket.
    Think you may have just helped sort my throttle cable problem I routed mine down left side of frame then split either side of coils , cheers darkman will reroute that may give a little more slack maybe when bars are turned .
    Oh and still need to fit horns , I have one good working L tone one and one I need to sort out . I have the other ,the innards are completely shot so have ordered a slightly smaller diameter one from China! this should fit inside and hopefully sound ok thats the plan as originals are almost unobtainable

• Like Like x 1
  11. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Great idea on saving the horn :) and we have the rest of the summer to ride :) I hope to start on the tank and mudguards for Su's bike on Wednesday as that's all i have to do now to finish it.. :)

• Like Like x 2