Featured 6 Day Trip

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by stinger, Jun 27, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Chipping Sodbury
    Well I'm getting excited, my good buddy Sean (Ducati rider) and I normally have a multi day trip each year. Obviously last year was a blank. This year the options are limited if you want to be fairly sure it will happen, Europe looks to be too suspect still even in a couple of months time. I was pondering what a trip with this in mind would look like, I have thought of a Cornwall tour, Lake District or Peak District or the Dales. We had done Scotland 3 years ago and whilst its one to do again i thought it might be too soon this year. Then I had what I thought was a great idea!
    I based the plan on visiting all the castles on this list...
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...ll=52.528845672715185,-2.4684744468749686&z=8
    I thought it makes a good base as there are definite stops (which we often don't do and end up riding hard for a long day). i started to have a look at how this would pan out timewise. it can be done in 6 days (or 5 with a long schlep home from the last castle) and only riding 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours a day with time to do a bit in the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia outside of the castles. A quick whatsapp chat and Sean is in. I cant wait!

• Like Like x 9
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Looks like a great idea mate, plenty of pics ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Enjoy it. :)

• Agree Agree x 1