Featured Touring 6 Day/4 Countries Tour In The Alps - Part 1

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Markus, Jul 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    The last days I did a 6 day/4 country trip with my wife and our Tiger Family through the Alps. We crossed Austria from east to west and took our daily starting point in the city of Bregenz in Austria. From there we made interresting rides through 4 countries. The first and the last day of our ride (each 640 kilometers/400 miles) took us about 6:30 hours. Then we made trips in the Alps for about 5 to 6 hours. Of course we had 2 off days for recreation in and near the city of Bregenz.
    On our tours we drove through 4 countries. Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Germany. The most exciting road was the "Silvretta Hochalpenstraße". It reaches the hight of 2.032 m above sealevel and consists of 34 narrow turns. The highest point on our tour was the "Flüelapass" with 2.383 m in Switzerland.
    Our Tiger family, the Tiger 900 of my wife and my Tiger 1200, worked very well at all conditions.
    Our trip back home got very interesting due to the wheater conditions. We started at Bregenz with 12 degree celsius (53,6 F) and heavy rain and ended up at home in Wiener Neustadt with 36 degree celsius (96,8 F).
    In total we drove 2.127 km / 1.321 miles.
    In the following I present some impressions of our tour.

Bild1.jpg

Bild2.jpg

Bild3.jpg

Bild4.jpg

Bild5.jpg

Bild6.jpg

Bild7.jpg

Bild8.jpg

Bild9.jpg

Bild10.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Some lovely roads and scenery :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    Stunning, was hoping to do the Alps this year.
    Oh well looks like it will be next year

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Great set of pictures and have to agree you are a very lucky man to have the beautiful country side on your door step :):). Oh and I not jealous, I'm really not !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Absolutely gorgeous scenery and great photos, Markus. Thanks for sharing them with us. Looks like you and your wife had a fabulous adventure. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Can only echo the above... stunning! :) its great to see all these touring threads now we have a little normality returning

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Wonderful, thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1