5 Start Customer Service

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wishbone, Jan 31, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Got an old 2004 Honda CBF600 SA4 I am trying to sell, got interest from a London courier, he asked if it was ULEZ, checked and TFL say no!
    But other sites say yes if you get a Certificate of Conformity from Honda, checked their site, filled in an online form Monday and got an email telling me form was with courier in Bulgaria yesterday.
    It arrived today I am gobsmacked.
    Not the first time I have had great service from them; in 2018 had a 2004 VFR800 when I checked it had an outstanding recall for oil cooler pipes, got them installed free on a 14yr old bike?

Let's hope Triumph get/orstay at that level of customer service, will know better when my T120 gets its head tidy recall done its going in today.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Always good to hear when good service is received. It is usually only horror stories that you read about; refreshing...

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Jake Corner

Jake Corner New Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Innsbruck
    Well, I got a completely different experience with customer service, and this is why I will change when I will change from my Speed Triple RS - never again Triumph because of CS.
    Triumph CS in Germany (for Austria) was rude, never a help and could not solve a single problem.
    Orginal Mail also mailed to UK, they forwarded it to Germany again, never got a reply from German CS:

"Hello Bill

I would like to tell you, why my next bike will probably not again be a Triumph:

Your customer service, especially the German branch, was unfortunately useless and near to being rude - and never solved any problem I had.

Last Problem I approached them with:

"Dear CS, please provide me someone within a 300 km range of Innsbruck, Austria, who can do the mandatory service for the guarantee of the bike."

(Background on this: the seller of the bike is no longer an official partner)

So Bill, I contacted the nearest option: Triumph Schnaller - he got very rude, and said he will not service the bike, because I did not buy it from him! (WTF) Next, I tried other dealers (near Munich, and in Carinthia) - no one wanted to service the bike!

Long story short, I finally found 1(!) dealer in Austria, who would do it - and had to drive 450 km back and forth to do so.Seems like quite a hassel, if you just want your bike getting proper Triumph service...?

Next, your TFT navigation for the Speed Triple: Delayed, delayed, and again delayed.Why do you send a press release about something your customers can not get within the next 18 months ?

Third and last: Nobody at this point, not even the dealers, know what Triumph will do after the Brexit - will spare parts suddenly need to be imported with customs, will you raise prices...

So you see, it´s though to be a triumph customer unfortunately, service can nowhere near be made properly so the guarantee is kept alive, some dealers are just strange (you did not buy the bike from me so I can not service you) and Brexit adds up.

Even if I love the bike, it´s probably even easier if Japanese ones."

...and this is why I will need to change the vendor, probably will go for KTM.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. Jake Corner

Jake Corner New Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Innsbruck
    PS.: New Speed Triple RS but had to be taken to mechanic already twice for the change of the Quickshifter (could lock) and the brakes from Brembo (could just kill you).

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Very sad mate and a real shame that your dealers and triumph are treating you the way they have. Good luck with next bike :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1