Featured 42 Years Celebrated With 440 Miles And 3 Nights In Vegas

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Jun 11, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Agree wholeheartedly with everything that everyone has said Sandi, and congrats to the ole fellow too ! :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Jet City

Jet City Noble Member
    Subscriber

Sep 24, 2018
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Sandi, thanks for sharing your life with us again! It’s always a pleasure.

Keep riding, keep writing, keep taking pictures for us. Grazie mille!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #23 Sandi T, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    You are a renaissance man, @Vulpes! Motorcyclist, horseman, food & wine connoisseur, and now we learn…a falconer, too! ;):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Dougie D
    Yes, please touch base if you get to Vegas..or anyplace near there or AZ and we’ll do our best to be of assistance, Dougie! I agree, I can spend hours just looking around in the hotels in Vegas… and people watching!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Iron
    I laughed my arse off at your post. :joy::joy::joy: I have to say that I’m a John Madden fan, a Raiders fan (and as you probably know they’re in Vegas now!), AND a Steve Madden fan. A girl’s gotta diversify. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #26 Sandi T, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    Me. Sandi and I are on the road again…our annual summer group trip. We left Sunday and tonight is the first night I could get internet service! Trip report to follow when we get home and settled. :) Thanks to all of you for your kind comments on this Vegas trip report. :kissing_heart: Time for bed. We’re riding over a Colorado pass tomorrow (Independence Pass) that is over 12,000 feet. :eek:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Another great report @Sandi T with the usual impressive pictures! Las Vegas looks totally bonkers :D:D
    Hope Mr Sandi enjoys his retirement as much as I'm enjoying mine :cool:

I think your petrol price, although a shock to you, is approximately half the price we currently pay per gallon :mad:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Enjoy your trip @Sandi T, I thoroughly enjoyed “sharing” your Vegas outing and pictures :heart_eyes: congratulations to Steve and his agreement to ride to Vegas. I love people watching and that is definitely the spot to do it :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    Nice pictures. We did a similar trip in 2018. We started in Vegas and did a loop around that included the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn, Moab, Zion, Bryce and other places I have forgotten. It was brilliant and we did it on a Harley, which I have never ridden before. I was surprised at well it handled, but it had as much power as a wet lettuce and the brakes must be an aftermarket item that mine didn't have.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MPTriumph

MPTriumph Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2021
    Commiefornia, USA
    What an awesome trip and more importantly what an awesome bit of story telling. I read the whole thing and I don't usually do that! I've made that trip several times in a car....we've stopped at several of the same places! Nicely done!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Right, we have been commenting on your great writing with lots of details and descriptions. I tend toward more direct information giving, from my experience with writing in the Air Force: BLUF (bottomline up front) and as few words as possible to get the point across. I'll try to take some lessons from you, @Sandi, when I do my next post! Superb reading.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Martine, thanks for your positive comments. I have to say that I love the BLUF acronym! I'm going to use that in my professional life as a school psychologist because that's how I need to (better) communicate in that environment. When stories start, eyes tend to glaze over. ;):joy: I guess it pays to know your audience. :)

• Agree Agree x 1